Re: Dear Makers of Mass Effect Andromeda

by Bagheera22

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You clearly didn't read my posts.  The game is hard on Eos and Voeld and that's only because the enemy targets the player ignoring the squad members on those planets.  After that the game becomes so easy on insanity you might as well change the name to easy.  Outside of these two planets I had only come close to death one time and that was on the Archons ship while fighting the Ascendant in the cramped hallway like battlefield.  So even this Mass Effect game is lacking a challenge.  Yet, it could be so much more if they gave us back the ability to control our squad members and heal them.  Since they clearly don't care about squad AI.

Thinking back though Eos and Voeld are really only hard because of your lack of skill points and the knowledge of where to put those skill points.  Once you have that information the whole game is cake.  I've begun my second play through on insanity as a Vanguard and I've already passed both Eos and Voeld with no deaths or squad member revives.  I still have to fight all the battles myself but now I am able to keep my squad alive by keeping them out of the fight by having them take cover in corners since they are useless.

Message 31 of 44 (790 Views)

@Nightmare8-8Imp

@Nightmare8-8Imp wrote:

Thinking back though Eos and Voeld are really only hard because of your lack of skill points and the knowledge of where to put those skill points.  Once you have that information the whole game is cake.  I've begun my second play through on insanity as a Vanguard and I've already passed both Eos and Voeld with no deaths or squad member revives.  I still have to fight all the battles myself but now I am able to keep my squad alive by keeping them out of the fight by having them take cover in corners since they are useless.

Don't worry, I did read you post.

The whole idea behind a RPG style game is imho that the game becomes easer if you level up smart and the more you level. 

I also don't fine the squad mates useless, Cora for example always detonates biotic primed enemy whenever I order her to attack them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 32 of 44 (770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

don't see any problems with the squad mates since they shoot quite accurate the  enemy goes after the entire team although heavy on the player if possible and squad members vetra and cora revive the fallen squad members by using their shield support ability so whats the problem? 

Message 33 of 44 (758 Views)

★ Apprentice

@satan45 wrote:

why not the sandstorm with an fire rate upgrade hand build ? gets the same speed as the kett rifle but with almost 3 times the damage. and in my experianse the black widow was rather weak compared to the isharay sniper rifle. and does it not bother you that the plasma mod for your sniper needs to charge only to fire halve the distance of an assault rifle? not that the normal range is something to be proud of (150m without the bullet dropping below the dot) it does indeed do quite a bit of damage though better than the laser mod witch on paper improves damage and in combat cant even head shot kill a kett when the unmounted would kill it instantly (same for genade mod) but its basically as dificoult as you make it. you can take a sniper at 80m range and head shot kill all unshielded kett without their buddies reacting or you can burst in with biotics only 

The Kett Rifle can achieve a faster fire rate than the Sandstorm when Turbocharge is active. Besides, I have a whole plasma-bullet, "You made this? I made this", "My science is better than your science Kett" vibe going on with my loadout. I run with both incendiary and disrupter ammo to further adapt my Kett Rifle for the situation.

I chose the Black Widow because of it's clip size and raw damage. With Turbocharge active it un-gimps the fire rate and really let's her rip. The thing you need to understand is that I am not using the, as I call it, "Black Widow GG" as a sniper rifle any more. It is a heavy metal double armed hip cannon with an alternative firing option of charging a shot to unleash three bouncing balls of death. I'm jetting around the battlefield aiming at peoples feet and close walls to hit them with that delicious splash damage. If I do it right I land a shell in a corner which then explodes, for full damage, twice.

The Carnifex + Barrier are my bread and butter, "over my head" combination that's saved my caught-in-the-open butt numerous times. Pistol specced into unassisted aiming turns you in to a cyber John Wick. Barrier instantly starting shield regeneration is the closing thing there is to a defensive heal bubble in the game.

Message 34 of 44 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

was just wondering. i myself go with the lance turret and remnant VI since they do their damage and often stun the enemy in place so i can shoot them with the sandstorm in the head with quite the rapid fire (especially with my gaming mouse which has a burst shot button for a triple shot basically in the same place) again only having problems with the last few krogun 

Message 35 of 44 (741 Views)

★★★★ Pro

When I played a bit in Insanity, the differences upon my play style were very prominent. My first playthrough was in Normal Difficulty. I had often used an easy-to-kill Vanguard (with Explorer Profile) approach, Charge, nova (priming) and Lance.

The New Game +, I started tweaking this and that, because the latter style wouldn't be very safe to use. Instead of Lance, the biotic shield helped with survival. Another approach was anything that granted guided projectiles, killing from far. The only difference is that in Insanity, battles are long-winded, not really harder. You must simply do the same you did in Normal, but do 4-5-6 times more. It's tiresome, beyond fun, if you ask me. If enemies were clever, a bit stronger and maybe a bit tougher, that would be best. Instead, they're just almost as dumb, basically enhanced by their own sheer HP, Armor or Shield values.

I don't know how the experience goes when you are starting a New Game in Insanity (not +). It might be even duller. I ended up starting a new one with narrative approach, because now I'm mainly interested on the choices I didn't make the last time I played and, so far, that's the only reason I would ever play the game again, if nothing really impacting happens with its production/patching/DLCing.

Message 36 of 44 (733 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Nightmare8-8Imp Sheesh, why are you guessing so much that I don't play on insanity lol? You blindly supposing that undermines the discussion. Why should I lie? Just wanted to point out what I'm experiencing, yes, on insanity.

But if you so strongly insist, although I'm not done with this game, once I'm set, I can show you my insanity achievement, np. Tongue out

And I'm not taking back anything. You may have a different perspective, but that doesn't mean you can insult anyone's skill or integrity. For that matter, if you feel the way you do, that's your beer and has nothing to do with me.

We're here to share our impressions. Some points might convince another person, some might not. I'd honestly like more people to join the conversation. Would those who share my opinion be liars, too? Don't be so mistrustful, I'm cool. ^^

Message 37 of 44 (722 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just beat the game twice and no battle including the final boss battle was as hard as the battles on Eos and Voeld the first 12 hours of play the squad remains useless.  I do not know how many of you got squads that were useful.  Either your lying, or just got lucky regardless my squad on both playthroughs were complete trash.  I posted this hoping that the devs would fix the bad AI so that others do not have the same experience.  Instead they decided to nurf the game.  Yeah another boring cake walk.

Message 38 of 44 (703 Views)

★ Apprentice

First of all the developers know that the enemy ai targets first and foremost the main player.   Also the game has not being designed to be played on insanity since the main player unfairly and unjustly only has a base shield count of 250 and the companions are just not competent and fast enough on that kind of difficulty.   Squad members beeing able to revive the player would be usefull.   More usefull would be if the main player would be on par with the stats of the companions by starting with a shield count of 500.    Thus one would be able to withstand a bit more punishment when caught in the crossfire and would make the game more enjoyable on higher difficulties.   I would recomend this even for multiplayer!

Message 39 of 44 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

till not having any problems with the companion AI they charge in when i do covering me when i take cover they also take cover unless i send them in. 

i have send them in against the main base on eos staying back myself and they cleared the entire base oke they died allot but as i said before they revive each other (if you have cora and vetra) enemy AI has a preference for player but attack the team members just as good and just as often 

Message 40 of 44 (688 Views)