DIALOG SYSTEM | The 'ANTI-FLIRTING' or 'SNAP' option

by PandaTar

Original Post

DIALOG SYSTEM | The 'ANTI-FLIRTING' or 'SNAP' option

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Kudos for you who remain here, hopeful for MEA success; and endure me as well. Embarrassed

This thread is to talk about a possible anti-flirting or snapping option, that would prompt where the Flirting option happens, but only when talking to hostile people. The idea is making Ryder stand for him/herself and even for others on certain occasions. Keep in mind that, as long as we don't know how SAM learns from our behavior, would making Ryder snapping at people influence SAM being less warm and helpful than he is?

This additional option is not really a RENEGADE thing. It would be most likely a FIRM opinion, usually DEFENSIVE. Police officer

I also think that, regarding flirting, flirting could also be triggered from the other part, and we could turn down. The game only makes us flirt, make the first step, but I think it's only too logical that it could also come from the others, which would require your attention to read the signs.

So, tell us if you like this idea or if you have something else in mind. Coffee cup

"DIALOG SYSTEM | The 'ANTI-FLIRTING' or 'SNAP' option" this was the name of this thread. I'm so in need to understand how it shifted to "No Romance or dialog options with Iron Bull". EA, can you change it or ... explain?

Message 1 of 34 (1,698 Views)

Re: No Romance or dialog options with Iron Bull

★★★ Pro

I like the name. Standard smile

Anything to add to make Ryder more assertive, even if it were just passive-aggressive snark, would help. I know they're not Shepard, I know they're supposed to be green, and I know this is a coming of age story.... but I'm supposed to not only be roleplaying them but developing a leader I want and can relate to - or at the least would want to follow.

Message 2 of 34 (1,655 Views)

★ Pro

I would argue against the idea of Ryder being defensive for this option. Instead it should be aggressive, so Ryder can express that your attitude is not my problem, which, based on the threads I've read, is what everyone really wants to say. Admittedly, as someone who has enjoyed a fair share of Renegade actions in my ME career, allowing certain responses, especially anti-romance, to trigger an impulse move wheel near the end of them would also be appreciated. Sometimes a punk's just gotta' get hit, ya know?

Also, what does Iron Bull have to do with anything?

Message 3 of 34 (1,649 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

My first post, bold part? This thread title wasn't mine. I didn't write it this way. Don't even know what Iron Bull is supposed to mean. I created the thread with another name, and it renamed itself like this. I don't know what happened.

Message 4 of 34 (1,646 Views)

★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

@fudgietroll wrote:

My first post, bold part? This thread title wasn't mine. I didn't write it this way. Don't even know what Iron Bull is supposed to mean. I created the thread with another name, and it renamed itself like this. I don't know what happened.

Sorry, missed that.Disappointed

Message 5 of 34 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL I thought you posted a wrong topic for this forum!  Iron Bull is a dragon age inquisition character lol...

Message 6 of 34 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I want an option to end romantic possibilities, but not necessarily have it be on the dialogue wheel.  It's like Liam is straight and so am I.  It's a bit irritating that for the longest time, every time I go to talk to him on the Tempest, I have the option to say I'm interested in him.

With the number of people that hate Liam (not saying I agree), I imagine plenty of folk don't want to see that option either.

I just wish, that like Peeebee and some others, there were ways to immediately not have the options to flirt with someone.

Message 7 of 34 (1,634 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hm, maybe one of those forum bugs which might fix itself tomorrow or so, like some of our posts which mysteriously get deleted here and there, only to resurface days later. I found one of my deleted threads yesterday.

Message 8 of 34 (1,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

On the topic of iron bull...

Coincidentally I am currently at Elaadin and doing the whole Morda thing SAM was reminding me about the history of Krogan and technology....  This reminded me of Iron Bull...  Just wondering if they will pull an "Iron bull" on us.  For the benefit of those who didnt play dragon age inquisition, Iron Bull is a character/follower much like drack.cora, peebee.  As the story develops, there was a turning point for him to stay loyal to his country/race vs turn traitor.  One of those decisions would lead to him fighting against the protagonist, so basically he went from follower to foe.  Hmmm.... Just wondering if one day the Krogan will war against the nexus and Drack will turn "Iron Bull"...

Message 9 of 34 (1,620 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would love something like that.

1. I think NPC/Crew etc should start flirting and Ryder should be able to like or dislike that.

2. Ryder needs some option which is more defensive or firm. I had some moments in the game where I looked at the dialgue options and thought they are not strong enough. Ryder always stays "the same". Sometimes sarcastic, sometimes emotional...etc, but Ryder never just says "ok, I had enough. Don't continue/don't insult me/don't hurt anyone again" thing. 

Message 10 of 34 (1,609 Views)