by Scaber226

Original Post

Cannot complete "Remove the Heart" Quest

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Cannot complete the Remove the Heart Quest.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kill the boss under the tower in the Remove the Heart Quest.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

After sabotaging the 3 platforms and killing the boss, I cannot activate the elevator to the Zenith room.  The map marker takes mo to the red creepy looking terminal where I assume the elevator is, but there is no option to activate it. I am stuck and cannot progress any further.

Message 1 of 44 (20,413 Views)

Re: Cannot complete "Remove the Heart" Quest

★★★ Newbie

Same - would just like to add that after killing the Prefect but before entering that room, I decided to backtrack to find a piece of rock for the "Hitting Rocks for Science" quest. When I took the long trek back up to the Zenith room elevator, the room where the nav point is is also unresponsive and with no controls, and unable to go up to Zenith room.

Message 2 of 44 (20,260 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing happens for me. I'm really having a lot of fun playing this game, and hope it doesn't prevent me from continuing the story.

Message 3 of 44 (20,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same issue.

the quests is stuck on "take elevator to zenith"

I completed a quest there with someone at a ship, outside.

Is this the same quest and is quest just bugged that it doesnt go to completed quests.

Or was this another quest? I am not sure here.

Anyone an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Message 4 of 44 (20,181 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I left the planet to do some other missions and when I returned (the next day) the terminal was green instead of red.  I was able to click on it and it took me to the zenith room to complete the quest chain.  I'm not sure what triggered it, maybe reloading the planet.  Hopefully it works for you as well.

Message 5 of 44 (20,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how can you get someone from ea to actually fix this without creating a new game from scratch and still possibly having the same problem

Message 6 of 44 (19,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I was having the same problem. I fast travelled to turn in Fact or Fiction, after killing Prefect, and when I returned the console was red and uninterractible. I noticed that enemies kept respawning nonstop... Loading game and leaving area didn't fix it. What I did to fix this was let the enemies kill me and the elevator was back to green
Message 7 of 44 (18,769 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Seemed like a phasing problem. The area needs to reset for it to be "fixed".

Sometimes leaving the planet or restarting the game or reloading a save will fix it. Other times death is the only option.

Usually this bug seems to appear when people have left the spot to start/continue/complete another quest or backtrack to pick up an item or loot an enemy further away before continuing to the console.

Message 8 of 44 (18,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well, I'm completely blocked. Aside from reverting to the former chapter, I cannot get past "Eliminate the Prefect". All enemies are dead and the room is locked everywhere. 

Weird thing is it says I'm 18/3 platforms destroyed.

Message 9 of 44 (18,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked for me too, thanks for the info
Message 10 of 44 (18,620 Views)