Can't access Online Features of Mass Effect Andromeda

by -UE-SUPERN00B

Original Post

Re: Can't access Online Features of Mass Effect Andromeda

★★★ Newbie

hy guys! i had the same issue, but i took time to talk to EA chat support and after 4 attempts and consultants, it was resolved. The solution was to in fact remove completely mass effect from my account and add it back again. So please take the time to walk through every step with EA chat. they are very supportive and helpful!

Message 11 of 37 (4,723 Views)

★ Apprentice
contacting EA chat and posting the customer service agent a link to this page, got this fixed for me in about 30 mins.
Message 12 of 37 (4,421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok its been sometime since I was last here but essentially the issue was server side and it was because of Me owning the game prior having Origin access and when I lost access it did something to the game. If your having issues you will want to contact support and tell them you cant connect, they managed to get it working again and fixed it by tinkering with somethings server side

Message 13 of 37 (4,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't take me hours, more like 20 minutes on chat. But they somehow fixed it for me.
I had already reinstalled, moved the game to the Origin folder (to make sure) and then the support person did like some modifications and then made me wait, did some more research on my case. Did another modification which might take some minutes, so I ended the chat and rebooted.
Game now works thankfully.

I mean I paid for the game on release like a * (you can get it free now), purchased in game currency to get more shiny multiplayer stuff early, it would've been pretty bad for them if I had to subscribe and pay monthly for a game I PAID FOR (without digital deluxe) even tho I DID PAY for over a year of Origin Access. (I mean in my case the simple thing to do would've been to just promote me to digital deluxe on my account since I did waste over 100 euro on the game but at least they fixed it)

Don't think it matters that much if I said tech support rather than "missing content" but that's what I did in my ticket. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Message 14 of 37 (4,037 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem. Can't contact them since it's Sunday but hell, it's been years and they didn't bother fixing it. And it's not like this issue limited to MEA, other games are affected too

Message 15 of 37 (3,777 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening. I've been in contact with their tech support (or whatever the hell they call it) five or six times, including in a phone call, and guess what? Nothing helps. None of them have a clue. I've gotten some incredibly bad and just plain wrong advice, and wasted days re-downloading stuff I shouldn't have had to do. It's incredibly frustrating. None of them have any idea how to fix it. They give me a song and dance about how the game is "very old" and "no longer supported". But the problem is very clear: I had EA Access on a trial, I tried the game, it worked, I kinda liked it, so I bought the full version, and when the EA Access expired, I got "you're not allowed to access the online features" and nobody can figure out how to fix it. 

Message 16 of 37 (3,482 Views)

★ Novice
@LadyMacGuffin I was same. they are too stubborn. I just keep saying "please try delete game and re-grant" after one or two hour. I ask connect to supervisor and he want to know why I want delete and re-grant. I showed him "https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MEA-Can-t-access-online/td-p/6544158" and he said ok, we try it for you. and it worked. they too stubborn. OMG
Message 17 of 37 (3,440 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Ashiquor yes i have the same problem
Message 18 of 37 (3,159 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@stekaitracid this method did not help
Message 19 of 37 (3,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Having to contact EA and chat on a per user basis is unacceptable. I'm deleting MEA, Origin, and all EA games. Done with them until they get their act together.

Message 20 of 37 (2,988 Views)