Bugged Voeld Quest> Fact or Fiction

by aeterna85

Original Post

Re: Bugged Voeld Quest> Fact or Fiction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I know this quest can be done because I've completed it normally. I've also completed it and had the same problem.

Thing is, there are a LOT of quests that are horribly bugged and can be completely broken and unable to be completed if you do them the wrong way.

There's a late-game mission, forget the name. Where you have to track down leads from an old salarian STG guy. One lead ends up on Elaadin where he crashed? Anyway, you have to track him from the crash to a nearby raider camp. Problem is, the game spawns the raider camp (without the salarian) before you get to the crashed ship. I cleared out the raiders on my way there and then the crashed ship wanted me to track the salarian back to the raider camp... which was now empty. Mission ended up stuck and unable to complete. Had to re-load an older save.  Second time through, I ignored the raider camp, went straight to the ship, tracked him back to the raiders, cleared them out, and rescued the salarian, completing sucessfully.

A LOT of quests are like that. Same thing with the kett base. You have to do things in the proper order or the quest journal entry bugs out and gets stuck forever.

Some quests, I still haven't figured out the right order and to this day have never finished them.

One such quest is EOS' "Naming the Dead".  If you drive past a place that has a body, the body will spawn and de-spawn, never to re-appear so you can't scan it to complete the quest.  I've never actually been able to complete that one.

Then there are all the quests where you have to find something in a kett camp, usually 3-5 things in different camps. Eventually they all stop working. I've never been able to complete any of those. I always end up with 6 or 7 of those quests stuck in my journal unable to complete them.

Unfortunately, the game has a LOT of bugs and it will NEVER be fixed because it was completely abandoned. No hope for a "remaster" either.

Message 51 of 54 (981 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issues everyone else had. Went back a few times, and it appeared that some things I did on previous visits had been reset. I stumbled upon the solution COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT because I did everything out of order. So just to make sure I got it right, I reloaded an old save and tested things out. This is what I discovered.

First, always make sure you have the quest you're doing selected. I've found that some missions bug out when you don't have the one you're doing set to active. Next, starting from the snowy approach to the base, look for your quest marker. There is a chain of events you need to complete this, and the marker should send you to each location you need to interact with. If the marker disappears, you probably have to scan something. For me, I was forced to interact with a computer towards the back of the base on the third floor near the gun turret. Once this was done, I moved to the main floor to scan the security panels. You can sabotage all three, but only sabotaging the one in the middle (marked with the quest marker) deactivated the security system. After that, SAM says that some doors have been unlocked which takes me to the marked room with the computer you interact with that gives you the data to complete this part of the mission. All that's left after this is to deliver the intel, which is super easy.

Originally, because I did everything out of order and left a few times, I had done all the necessary actions to complete the mission but had no idea where to go. But on my final attempt, I entered the computer room through a side window. Incidentally, before I got there I ended up finding a room upstairs that you can enter by shooting out a window, that had a few unopened containers and was locked from the inside. And after looting the place a Ryder dialog was triggered that said, "I wonder if there's more in the room below?" The game was actually hinting at how important that mission room was. lol

Message 52 of 54 (849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU, you sweet sweet genius🙏🙏🙏

Message 53 of 54 (633 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 54 of 54 (413 Views)