Bugged Voeld Quest> Fact or Fiction

by aeterna85

Original Post

Re: Bugged Voeld Quest> Fact or Fiction

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here - Fact or Fiction is still unfinished in my journal. 'Search kett database' is checked off, but 'Disable security matrix' is the next step and I can't complete it. After working on the 'Remove the Heart' mission, I had Fact or Fiction markers active, but the markers went away after I completed it, even though I went to the top room and activated the console after finishing the "boss" and unlocking the elevator etc. I have been back and spoke to the historian, and said something about the data being destroyed, but saw that Fact or Fiction was still unfinished. Went back to the kett base twice now to try and see if it would somehow re-activate, but nope. I'm going to say this is definitely bugged, unless there is some sort of very specific sequence that needs to be followed to be able to succeed <- but if that were the case, it should have been marked as failed in my journal at this point, and not active.

Edit - Platform is Xbox One

Message 11 of 54 (14,418 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes you can get into the room via the window! Obviously not the one which is blocked but the one on the opposite side
Message 12 of 54 (14,680 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OK, same bug. Door's bugged. tried to load from the checkpoint - it's still bugged. I entered the "vault" through a window, but I couldn't get the quest data. The quest itself has disappeared from the journal the moment I entered the room. It's not among active quests, nor is it among the completed ones. I don't think I got the viability points, but I guess I won't know until I complete the zone. On a personal note, that was the toughest and longest fight for me yet, so it's a bit disappointing to end it like that. And replaying the whole zone will be too frustrating.

Oh, and BTW, when I loaded the game, I haven't had the quest marker, so, looking for the vault, I went back to the zone where the Boss fight happened. Doors kept closing behind me, as if I was there the first time. No enemies appeared. I was able to get out only by activating the end console again. (separate unconnected bug?)

Ah, and landing pads on fire, in the Boss' room, remember those? I don't. Couldn't see nothing, because every landing pad glitched out, and flickered with black triangles. When I went back there, the whole room flickered like crazy. (another unconnected bug?) And that was after I rebooted my PC and reloaded the game from the checkpoint. Yeah... this wasn't fun, guys. Not fun at all. Thank god the music theme was playing on the background, the only silver lining to that horrible glitch cloud.

Specs: i7-6700K, 16G RAM, GeForce 1080.

Message 13 of 54 (14,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Halcyon is absolutely right. Run down the hill so you can save. Reload and then walk back up the hill and it will pop as disabled and you can snag the files through the now unlocked door!
Message 14 of 54 (14,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Save? Have you even tried that? You cannot save during this mission.

Message 15 of 54 (14,387 Views)

★ Guide

I confirm, too, that the solution works. Go down the mountain and come back up. By the way, the fact that you can get inside both locked rooms, which you should unlock throgh an action, through windows makes me think that BioWare was aware of the problem and couldn't completely fixed it so they gave a couple of workarounds. What I think happens is that if you destroy those things while you do the base mission the game gets confused.

Message 16 of 54 (14,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Rather than trying to explain, I made a quick 2 min video about how I solved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeiIiQRSJGk

Excuse the rambling.

Edit: I partly agree with admcmei86 on the theory on why the bug happens. I think it has something to do with when you sabotage the modules, but it seems to be a location trigger as well.

Edit 2: People say that you can get into the room through a window, but the window to the bottom room have crates covering the window. At least for me.

Message 17 of 54 (14,371 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Got in and got them. So it isnt a bug, just not an obvious solution. Thanks so much for the info!!
Message 18 of 54 (14,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TinyPhreak wrote:

Rather than trying to explain, I made a quick 2 min video about how I solved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeiIiQRSJGk

Excuse the rambling.

Edit: I partly agree with admcmei86 on the theory on why the bug happens. I think it has something to do with when you sabotage the modules, but it seems to be a location trigger as well.

Edit 2: People say that you can get into the room through a window, but the window to the bottom room have crates covering the window. At least for me.

Replying to your EDIT 2: The lower room has two windows. If you're facing the non-functional door to the top room, then that lower-room window with the crates is below you and to your left. You want to go in the one below you and to your right, directly opposite the window you tried to go in. If you climb about halfway up the stairs to the upper room and stop on the landing before the stairs turn left, you'll see the window right in front of you.

I can't tell now if this part is bugged or not, because the doors never did open up for me but the quest completed just fine as soon as I went in the window and accessed the Kett terminal for the first contact logs. Do we know for sure that the doors are even supposed to open? Seems odd that you'd be able to shoot out the windows and work around the doors if the point was to unlock the door. Maybe disabling the security matrix just unlocks the terminal and we were always supposed to go through the window?

Message 19 of 54 (14,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This quest was not bugged for me, actually. I disabled all three security matrices, went to the top storage room, then to the console that told me the data I needed was in the lower room (out past the security devices I disabled), and then finally back to the lower room. Neither room was locked for me, and the quest was checked off properly for me. I think if you try to do this after you finish clearing the Kett base, it bugs out. You need to prioritize this one.

Message 20 of 54 (14,324 Views)