Bugged Mining Zone on Kadara

by alesplazar

Original Post

Re: Bugged Mining Zone on Kadara

★ Apprentice

I've encountered zones like these on every planet. Mining computer still shows "Fair", but the Map doesn't list any elements and scouring it with the nomad reveals no minerals.

Message 11 of 43 (5,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here, it's driving me mad.

I was able to complete the one in the south and get the north to Fair, but that's it. 

It seems as though i registers the one you arrive at first, so if you drive from outside both zones, and then into one, it will register the first and ignore the other until you leave both zone  again. What i fear, is that I mined some resources from the northern sector as the game was registering me in the southern sector and that this is irrecoverable.

Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Message 12 of 43 (5,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem can do nothing -.-i give up 2 h make me crazy 9/10  sure 

Message 13 of 43 (5,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue on PC. 

The mining system is horribly designed and having two areas like this so close together just doesn't work. So many stupid bugs in this game. 

Message 14 of 43 (4,932 Views)

★ Apprentice
I actually managed to do this the other day. Two zones are too close, and their areas kind of connect (in that place between two rocks that kind of make a canyon and a little further north), and I believe the minerals that happen to be in that "shared" area register for both mining zones. So you have to be really careful and finish one zone and then another. And yes, they are of normal size, not small, but because of the glitch with computer it may show that you are out of range.

So, I started with the southern one and went from left to right, from border to border (including mountains on the left and behind it), moving from South to North and mining everything I found. Thus I moved toward those rocks/cliffs/canyon thing (tops of the cliffs included) and I believe the last mineral for this zone was exactly in that "shared" area (and there was a lot of something). I mined it and SAM said that the zone was depleted, but the computer still showed "fair". I checked the map - the southern icon was blue.

Then I started working on the northern one. I explored the area behind mountains on the left and that camp with bad guys further north (it happen to be in the area of mining zone as well). And then finally I found that one mineral I was looking for somewhere on the road in the middle between the northern mining zone icon and that camp with exiles (it is not on the map). There was a lot, like full scale or whatever, of copper (Cuprum). After mining it that zone was depleted as well.

The minerals are probably placed randomly each time you reload though, so I'm not sure if my locations will help you or anyone. But maybe :3
And I hope my description is not terrible and you will be able to understand what I meant ^_^"
Message 15 of 43 (4,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have the same problem on both Kadara and Elaaden. My OCD is driving me nuts since I want to have a 100% on every planet. It's hard to be a perfectionist. Especially with a bugged game which you are supposed to be able to love. :c (this sad face is for you Bioware, I love you, but you're letting me down)
Message 16 of 43 (4,843 Views)

★ Novice
Just spent the last hour or so at the mining zones on Eladeen, stuck on a fair rating and any probes I put down have actually disappeared from the map, such a shame there are so many bugs with this game
Message 17 of 43 (4,789 Views)

★ Apprentice

Experienced this bug on Eos, and Voeld so far. On Voeld it shows a rich mining zone, but when I enter it SAM doesn't do his repetitive reminder, and there is no minerals in the entire zone. On Eos I've had the scanner tell me Good, then Depleted, then Out of Zone. All while being literally on top of the mining area marker.

Also, there should be a clearly defined areas for mining. Like once you open the Nomads scanner there should be a visible line expressing the borders. I mean come on, this is the future right?

Message 18 of 43 (4,739 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also on Elaaden minerals can be on mountains. Like almost inaccessible.

I spent an hour trying to get to the spot with Ferum which I accidentally noticed in the middle of the vertical cliff =_=

Message 19 of 43 (4,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I spent 2 hours trying to mine this on Kadara....

Message 20 of 43 (4,694 Views)