Re: Best cryopod after Reconnaissance?

by BCFreeman1

Original Post

Best cryopod after Reconnaissance?

★★ Guide

I'm wondering what AVP cryopod is the best to unlock after Reconnaissance.  Planning to have the extra inventory before but patch 1.05 increased it to 100, so I'll pass on that one.  What do you think?  Playing on insanity difficulty on first playthrough btw and a soldier.

Message 1 of 7 (2,292 Views)

★ Guide

@BCFreeman1 wrote:

I'm wondering what AVP cryopod is the best to unlock after Reconnaissance.  Planning to have the extra inventory before but patch 1.05 increased it to 100, so I'll pass on that one.  What do you think?  Playing on insanity difficulty on first playthrough btw and a soldier.

first play through on insanity you must be a masochist lol. these are some of the pods i unlock early. not sure how far you are or how many you have unlocked so far.

Grey Market Connections

Market Dominance 

Financial Infrastructure I & II

Always Prepared/Versatility

Lab Technicians

Mining Operations

Innovation

Message 2 of 7 (2,276 Views)

★★★ Guide

Munitions, Always Prepared, Versatility so you can can unlock two consumable slots. Munitions is a prerequisite also gives consumables. 

Lab technicians, Improved development I and II for milky way research. 

Innovation. Increases augment slots. Improved developed I and II as prerequisites. 

Ears to the ground for random weapons/armor when completing apex missions. (extra salvage really)

Grey Market Connections,. Market Dominance, Fusion mod support. The secret inventory with dominance isn't useful but it's a perquisite for fusion mod support. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,273 Views)

★★ Guide

Science pod - Innovation is the worthwhile one. There are prerequisites. 

Military pod - Munitions, Always Prepared and Versatility. 

Commerce pod - Grey Market Connections I & II and Fusion Mod Support. Don't waste your points with Financial Infrastructure. Just do the side quest on Kadara and you'll have so credits galore. I was able to get up to 10mil with Grey Market Connections and the armor that gives 10% better selling prices. You just have to hold onto everything and sell it to person. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,247 Views)

★ Pro

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

Don't waste your points with Financial Infrastructure. Just do the side quest on Kadara and you'll have so credits galore. I was able to get up to 10mil with Grey Market Connections and the armor that gives 10% better selling prices. You just have to hold onto everything and sell it to person. 

Why even bother, very little you can spend credits on anyway. Won't be an issue what ever you do.

Message 5 of 7 (2,240 Views)

★★★ Guide

I usually take Reconnaissance first so i can get some boost early on and one of the crates usually gives me some weapon i wanted to try first but i didnt want to spend research points on them in case they are not as good as i thought. Also extra rare minerals by deconstructing them always good.

Then i take Lab Technicians then Improved Development I and II.

After either Innovation or Munitions, depending which one i need but usually at that level i used to miss the extra consumable slot so Munitions+Always Prepared. After it depends if i need an extra consumable slot for Versatility or an extra augmentation, but i used to go for Innovation. If i really feel like i need an extra slot for consumables i take Munitions + Always Prepared after Improved Development I.

Grey Market Connections, Market Dominance then Fusion Mod Support for last ones after that whichever i like more. Im not really bother to go for the extra credits or materials because i get them by selling some minerals or deconstructing stuff i find on the field.

If for some reason i cant unlock them in this order because i dont have the viability on a certain planet i either just wait for it or deploy the pod for another useful perk.

Message 6 of 7 (2,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you guys for the replies.  I decided to take Munitions next Standard smile

@iKillOrDieTryN  Yeah dying 2-3 shots from a lone raider is fun!  

Message 7 of 7 (2,207 Views)