Architect speculation *spoilers*

by Pixeldance

Original Post

Architect speculation *spoilers*

★★ Guide

So, what do you think will happen with the architects, once they finish their repairs? 

Spoiler

I mean they all go into orbit and just seemingly hang out, but the pathfinder interfaced with them, will they act in a friendly manner toward the species that slapped them around? 

Will they begin some kind of large scale construction, as their name implies?  Their appearance is triggered by a vault becoming active, so it would seem they had some purpose on a terraforming level, had they not become damaged from time and scourge.  I wonder if they were originally supposed to build Jardaan cities once the vault system of that planet turned the world viable for inhabitation?

Message 1 of 16 (1,663 Views)

Re: Architect speculation *spoilers*

★★★★ Pro
Spoiler
I think they are set to defend the vaults from unidentified sapient lifeforms. But I do think that they are purposed to check if their work is working? Going into orbit would basically be their primary purpose and await for further instructions. The question I keep in my mind is WHAT WE DO when we interact with them. SAM might only disable it's aggressive position upon our species and the Initiative, so it won't attack again.
Message 2 of 16 (1,658 Views)

★★ Guide

Excellent point, I'd like to know what we do as well.

Message 3 of 16 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Pro
Spoiler
After beating the Architect at Elaadin, when Ryder spoke to the asari mayor, he mentioned something along the line that its pacified, it may come close but will not attack.  So I assumed SAM hacked it. 
Message 4 of 16 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Pro

i figured it was responsible for keeping watch over the vaults, repairing malfunctions, making terraforming adjustments. i figured the name architect was in regards to their designing/engineering the planet's ecosystem.

Message 5 of 16 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

And Eladeen has at least a second one that you never tame.  Bioware says they are just hints to the bigger remnant mystery.

"Finally, the Remnant Abyssal. Some of my favorite quests were finding the various Remnant Leviathans on the various planets. On Eladeen there is a Remnant Abyssal that jumps in and out of the sand. I assumed this would be some sort of endgame quest, and the Abyssal is even mentioned in the review guide as something to check out. But…I have never gotten a quest relating to the Abyssal. I have chased him all around the desert in my Nomad trying to trigger something with no luck. Is there an actual quest here, or is this some secret I just haven’t discovered yet? This seemed like a pretty major enemy to fight, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to trigger this encounter, if it does exist."

GAMBLE’S ANSWER: “The Abyssal is not a creature that has a quest in MEA, but it’s definitely a hint that there’s a lot more to the remnant than we currently know…”

Spoiler
I want to know why the Meridian one dies instead of getting rebooted. Is its' death a good thing or a bad thing?

Message 6 of 16 (1,626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Pixeldance wrote:

So, what do you think will happen with the architects, once they finish their repairs? 

Spoiler

I mean they all go into orbit and just seemingly hang out, but the pathfinder interfaced with them, will they act in a friendly manner toward the species that slapped them around? 

Will they begin some kind of large scale construction, as their name implies?  Their appearance is triggered by a vault becoming active, so it would seem they had some purpose on a terraforming level, had they not become damaged from time and scourge.  I wonder if they were originally supposed to build Jardaan cities once the vault system of that planet turned the world viable for inhabitation?

They actually mention it's purpose in one of it's encounters. Or at least part of it's purpose. It's the digger, the architect is the digging remnant that actually makes the vault and the other remnant bots to maintain it. And once complete it goes to orbit to await orders. But I don't remember them explaining why they weren't already in orbit since the vaults were done. Or why the remnant bots are hostile to begin with.

Maybe since the vaults were "malfunctioning" they returned to the planet to repair things. 

I usually have peebee with me and I'm pretty sure it's the one on EOS, she'll say "that's how they dug out the space for the vaults" (something along that line anyway)

Message 7 of 16 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Spoiler

Their purpose is to be a really big boss for us to fight.  They're like the dragons of ME: A just with no variety.  So if they can't think of another really big thing for us to fight (like a remnant dragon or something) they will somehow defy SAM's hacking and come back meaner than over... or the Kett will steal them and reprogram them.

And... wait, you meant as in purely in game story based logic?  I don't know so thank you for asking the question for the both of us, lol.

Message 8 of 16 (1,591 Views)

★★ Guide

I think if you hit the Abyssal with the nomad you get a codex entry. It sounds like the architects are hanging out in orbit waiting for something to come along and repair them. 

Message 9 of 16 (1,585 Views)

★ Pro

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

I think if you hit the Abyssal with the nomad you get a codex entry. It sounds like the architects are hanging out in orbit waiting for something to come along and repair them. 

I thought they were in self-repair mode, waiting for something to call them with new orders. Which, if their job is to build vaults, might cause them to build new vaults on the planets we've explored, with potentially interesting consequences.

Message 10 of 16 (1,552 Views)