Re: Andromeda won't connect to Online

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Andromeda won't connect to Online

★★ Novice

I started playing the game yesterday, and since then I have not been able to get the game to go online once. All my other games and application can connect to the internet just fine, but Andromeda doesn't want to do it. I tried running Origin and Andromeda as administrators, and I also tried disabling IPv6 on my connection. Neither of those worked. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (13,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Figured out what the problem was, and it may work for others who were having the same problem. I had to change my DNS address on my computer, since, for some reason, Andromeda wasn't liking the one I was initially assigned by my router. I found this post that helps, you can find it here (the second to last post on the page by kylleron). Also, here's a list of DNS addresses you can use that have worked for me so far with connecting to the Andromeda servers. This solved my problem, and I hope it helps anybody else who's having these problems as well.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (15,469 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 8 (13,109 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. For a couple of weeks. Tried everything, reinstall, disable anti virus, firewall, etc. etc. No luck!

Message 3 of 8 (13,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Figured out what the problem was, and it may work for others who were having the same problem. I had to change my DNS address on my computer, since, for some reason, Andromeda wasn't liking the one I was initially assigned by my router. I found this post that helps, you can find it here (the second to last post on the page by kylleron). Also, here's a list of DNS addresses you can use that have worked for me so far with connecting to the Andromeda servers. This solved my problem, and I hope it helps anybody else who's having these problems as well.

Message 4 of 8 (15,470 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For reasons none of the other fixes seamed to work for me. After deciding to just start fresh, I found out that for some reason, if Origin and Mass Effect are not on the same drive, it will not connect online...  I do hope this helps someone out there. I was getting frustrated when I had to go through it. 

Message 5 of 8 (13,031 Views)

★ Novice
@Hitokriy Thank you so much for discovering this. I had installed Andromeda on my second drive and was wondering why it wouldn't connect.
Message 6 of 8 (7,831 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Hitokriy That would seem to make sense, and I'm glad that worked for you, but I have been playing this game for years with no connectivity problems, and origin/andromeda have been on different drives the whole time.
Might be possible that another fix you tried actually worked.
Message 7 of 8 (2,315 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (1,956 Views)