Andromeda crashing on initial load with 6950 XT, four beeps preceding game start

by mlemmlemlem

Original Post

Re: Andromeda crashing on initial load with 6950 XT, four beeps preceding game s

★★★ Novice
Tried both. As I was saying, windows HDR setting is independent and has always been from game settings - it's for watching hdr videos on Edge mostly, and playing borderless windowed games on Auto HDR. No Man's Sky and Doom Eternal have no issues outputting HDR signals - NMS even does that in borderless window when I have windows in SDR - that looks funny :D
Currently on the dreadful EA app, tried switching from origin to see if it makes a difference.
Message 11 of 15 (424 Views)

Re: Andromeda crashing on initial load with 6950 XT, four beeps preceding game s

@mlemmlemlem 

Of course the settings are independent, but HDR must be activated in Windows or it will not work in games. It works only globally or not at all.

So the error can be in the entire chain, that's why I asked about the client.

Is EA app making a difference?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 15 (419 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just to clarify, I tried both ways at least dozens - if not hundreds of times by this point, with HDR in windows on and off. Neither the games that work, nor those that won't recognize the monitor's capability, don't care about the windows setting.
Doom Eternal will just enable HDR in the monitor, since exclusive fullscreen runs independent of the windows desktop setting. No Man's Sky will output an HDR gamut in SDR windows making the whole thing look crushed. So I really don't think it's related.
It's really funny that even running borderless with Windows in HDR, the game just won't detect it.
Forgot to add, EA app made no difference. I really dunno what is common in the three games that reside in Origin that makes them not output and HDR signal.

I'm really considering trying another windows install, since this one was originally a 10, now upgraded to 11.

So ironic, when I had a crappy HDRn't 400 monitor and an RX 480, every game wanted to run in HDR. Now that I have proper gear... 😂
Message 13 of 15 (410 Views)

★★★ Novice
Fun fact, when running BF1 with win HDR on, it even prompts me for auto hdr... 😂
Message 14 of 15 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice
Oof. Did two clean installs of W10 and W11, none of them worked. Popped in the old 1080 Ti which worked RIGHT AWAY after installing the drivers. AMD really makes it hard for people to want to support them.
Message 15 of 15 (380 Views)