Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

by fudgietroll

Original Post

Re: Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

★★★★★ Expert

@angus192711 wrote:
I can't pass some levels.

Sounds like a "Technical", not a "General" issue.

Maybe you should post in that forum (with more details about what's going on, or no one will be able to help you.)

Message 51 of 73 (3,328 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@fudgietroll I hope to add classes Features.
Message 52 of 73 (3,184 Views)

★ Guide

@AeromusPrime22, I agree with you and what you said. In all three ME games, Shepard had tried to tell them what was coming and they dismissed it thinking he has lost his mind. Even when the Reapers were on the door steps the Citadel races still didn't see what was happening.

Message 53 of 73 (3,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I hope to add a city scene during the battle.
Message 54 of 73 (3,116 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My idea for Andromeda is: Refunding Research Points.

From day 1, I have been wanting them to add a refund option in the research and development section. It would be so nice to be able to spend research points on a weapon to try out or make a weird configuration out of it and then if you didn't like it you can get those points back and save them for the guns you use but need to get to level 60, 70, or 80 to unlock that next upgrade.

Message 55 of 73 (2,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think more than anything they needed to make research points more available, especially for Heleus and Remnant as the cryo perk gave enough Milky Way points. I'd like to have seen that perk randomize between the three rather than just give MW points. Also, as another source, when you deconstruct a weapon or armor it should give some research points, even if its just 5 or 10. 

Message 56 of 73 (2,876 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

have the ability to edit the default appearance of you're character as its own preset and have some halloween like stuff added as well added to the character creation screen like vampire fang implants and pointed ears, cerberus super soldier skin, eyes, scars, and synthesis eyes from mass effect 3

Message 57 of 73 (2,752 Views)

★★ Guide

Man I'd be so happy if they just put back the tactical pause :P

As someone who plays on PC and has her wrists permanently busted, it was easier for me to play with this feature in the original trilogy. First time I played Andromeda felt completely lost and it took me some time to get used to its absence.

The explanation I wanted to give myself is that Shepard had more experience as an N7, hence the chance to use the pause to plan the attacks, but that could change for Ryder now that they're becoming a badass, right?

Message 58 of 73 (2,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Apologies for responding to you, I don't know how to respond to a post without replying to someone. 

I have forgotten 90% about andromeda. I guess it is a sad thing that the most recent ME game is the one i remember the least about but i have recently been watching a streamer play it and some things have returned to be that I remember frustrated me too. 

1) The verticality. I appreciate a jump and jet but not EVERYTHING needs to be a mountain and valley. Especially when the ledge grabbing doesnt seem to be the best and ryder seems to hit a lot of brick walls while trying to move around. Always climbing to the roof to have the high ground was a pain too, there was just no benefit to staying on the ground with so little cover and when there was some enemies above just shot over it. 

2) Map design: i understand it is a new galaxy with not much infranstructure but shiiiiii everything is either open terrain with no cover or a 3 story structure with little to no cover. I ended up picking up cloak so i could race to the top of the battlefield and just fight from above. I reaaaaally would prefer more cover based combat like the origional trilogy or if you are going to keep the verticaility in some fights have some flatter cover based combat in indoor battles at least where jumping up is blocked. 

3) The car, i like the idea of switching between speed mode and mountain climbing mode but manually having to remember it got tedious especially if i took a break from the game and couldnt remember which was the mountain mode, just speed up a hill and watch myself sloooowly start to slide back down. 

4) puzzles: I like puzzles i do but not everyone does. I know the trilogy had puzzles but they were very simple and could be skipped with medigel or just by failing  them, pretty sure they only ever lead to loot and never blocked the main story but in andromeda it feels like every main mission has you figuring out a remnant puzzle to open a door with no way to skip it if you are struggling. Once again, i like puzzles but either make them much simpler on the main campaign missions or remove them from the campaign and just have them appear in side missions for those that explore the world looking for ruins and things to do. 

5) it was nice being able to change classes whenever you want but it just felt wrong like, biotics as far as i understand it are meant to have natural talent and year of training. the same can be said for combat skills and also tech skills would require knowledge. So when i switch from combat skills to biotic skills where the hell did all my skill in combat go? when i switch from  biotics to something else its like HOW DID I FORGET HOW TO USE BIOTICS. While convenient it doesnt make sense IMO. I personally would prefer the old system of skills being tied to classes and you unlock the skills associated with your class. 

6) spinning off the classes, the COMBAT WHEEL. When i first tried to use it i thought the hotkey was changed, then after trying every button i googled it. Imagine finding out a staple of the game was gone like what the heck? I want it back, thats the short version. The long version, i should be able to see all my class skills or if it stick to the andromeda system of everything being available i should be able to pick 6-10 abilities to slap on my wheel that i can use when i pause combat. If you are concerned about the combat wheel in multiplayer who cares? use the adromeda method of 3 abilities and no wheel or just make the wheel more see through in multiplayer so you can still use it but it doesnt block the active gameplay. Mass effect multi is just pve anyway. 

I am sure there are more things that needed improving and i will remember them when i replay the game shortly but for now i wanna mention that i did enjoy the game in the end, i got the hang of the combat and i do have hope for the next game but there are many improvements needed. It needs to be said that the story was dead for the first 50% of the game, the jungle planet was the WORST it was like an mmo where mobs keep spawning but the map is so small you cant avoid them so you literally fight the same mobs over and over again everytime they see you and honestly i just felt nothing for any characters outside of the crew and even in the crew there were a few i was just meh on.

Message 59 of 73 (2,365 Views)

Re: Hey Writers/Devs, Look Here!

★★★ Newbie

I would love Mass Effect Andromeda to be finished...I want all the DLC too. I just feel that I’m missing out on so much. I put in 135 hours to my play through...and played ME1, 2, and 3 each three times. EA please reconsider doing DLC for ME Andromeda...you have soooo many fans that would be grateful Standard smile

Message 60 of 73 (3,713 Views)