Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

by fudgietroll

Original Post

Re: Hey Writers/Devs, Look Here!

★ Guide

I agree with you, It would be nice if your companions could upgrade their armor and weapons, like they did in ME3 , it would help them a lot.

Message 41 of 73 (3,833 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly in the next ME game they should take outposts one step further. We are pathfinders settling a new galaxy. The outposts/settlements need some more meat to them then just plop down some buildings and call it a day. Get them more involved with the story make your choice of settlement science or military effect the quests you get and how the planet develops through the game. Have fewer planets but have them evolve as the game goes on. 

Make one outpost science oriented as you hit story breakpoints have the colony expand get more quests have buildings and environment change to reflect your choice of science over military. I love the living world feel and this would make it happen.

Message 42 of 73 (3,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree, there could have been a lot more done with outposts besides the standard side quests. Building it up would have been fun.

Since the days of the original ME I've been wanting to be able to customize weapon aesthetics rather than having presets for the game. Some gun casings were cool with bad game play and vice versa. It would be nice to switch a look plus color coat it to match your armor. 

Speaking of armor, I wish they would get rid of inherent powers, colors or patterns for them. Just use upgrade modules for each, kind of like you can now, but make each module more powerful to counter no inherent bonuses.

Message 43 of 73 (3,695 Views)

Re: Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've skimmed through some of the ideas, and I might have missed them or something but I jotted these ideas down a while back:

More emotional *depth* to main character Ryder, for the love of gods. Please sort Sara’s animations out...

New aliens is a must – I imagined one recently where they’re natural hermaphrodites, kind of like the ones in ‘Player Of Games’ by Iain M. Banks, or where they could switch genders at will. That would be one weird cultural idea with potential. Perhaps we could see trans representation on the human side whilst I’m going on about gender identity, here. Hell, could there be a romance option for one?

Focus on the other the sibling as well: One shower thought that I had not long after finishing Andromeda was the need for more content to the other twin. Andromeda obviously made that very possible given how significant he/she already became near the end of the main story. Jaal and Liam were amusingly right in contemplating the idea of “another one.” It’s got real potential. There might be a risk of convoluting the game with so many more variables if it was multiple choice dialogues from two characters, but Witcher 3 managed to get away with it in terms of Ciri. I’m sure Bioware can get away with another Ryder playing a bigger role, too. Also, I noticed that in my playthrough that Cora was asking a lot about Scott and how he was, so I get the sense that the game *really* wants her and Sara’s brother to be an item. It might be ambitious, having two non-linear influences in the game, but I’m sure Bioware could pull it off.

An exploration of Kett culture: So these folks, in the grand scheme of the entire game, weren’t a very pleasant bunch. But it’s another civilisation all the same that could really shed some unusual – albeit conflicting perspective in Andromeda. It’s pretty clear that they’re an interstellar empire of sorts, and there was something faintly Giger-esque about them in the way they and their technology looked. One idea I had was of a character/companion from the Initiative who has survived the captivity of the Kett, but was partially exalted in the process. And in that process, it was interrupted by some intervention by the Pathfinder, or prevented to a degree due to its own physiology. It could be another human, maybe, given our morbid inclination to see human flesh melded to all sorts of sci-fi aesthetics. That character then has some kind of “Odin’s eye down the well” perspective. The character is half blind but perceptive on a near-telepathic level in relation to the Kett. And it could show as well, because there could be partial mutations to this character that are not quite complete, being resisted by the character or even used for an advantage in the story. This would all present an incredible distinctiveness to the Initiative. I realise that the Geth were given this approach in a similar way during the second and third part of the original trilogy when we think about Legion. But this is an organic culture we’re talking about, and they would have had a natural evolution of sorts.

Perhaps some very careful insight into the events of the Milky Way: I noticed that at the beginning of the game I basically had the choice of starting the story with a historic perspective to a female or male Shepherd. I kind of appreciate that the impact of the trilogy was extremely limited, but at the same time my curiosity nagged at me as to what would have happened. So, how about a little more simulation of the choices one made at the very end? You know, Synthesis, Destroy, Control and Harvest? I mean it was a galactic event, after all. *Someone* must have noticed from a neighbouring galaxy... Perhaps even the Jaardan, given how advanced they seemingly were/are? On a similar note, there could be more memories/flashback to Alec Ryder, maybe even where you briefly control him back in the Milky Way and mingle with some of the old school characters, perhaps even Shepherd her/himself? Might be going too far, but it wouldn’t be totally terrible with someone like Liara who was already corresponding with Alec to some degree. This could instead involve shadowy elements like Cerberus and the Illusive Man. The suspicion that he might have been one of the benefactors bounces around the fandom, although short of working cross-species in order to throw the Alliance and other parties off of their scent, there’s little logic to Cerberus helping to fund the Initiative. It’s an idea that could be explored either way.

I’m sure there are an infinite amount of ideas flying around at Bioware at this stage, and I know there are other huge projects on i.e Dragon Age, Anthem (can’t say I’m interested in this one purely on the basis that I hate most multiplayer online games). If someone from Bioware is reading this far, then thanks for sparing a glance to this slapdash essay of a closet geek with too much time on his hands. As mixed as my feelings towards Andromeda were, it obviously made an impact on me enough to jot down some thoughts.

Message 44 of 73 (3,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In regards to what happened in the Milky Way, I think Andromeda needs to leave that be as the game needs to stand on its own. Further given the sheer distance between galaxies it may not be possible to have detected it. Plus very few people on the Initiative even knew it was turned from an exploration mission into survival because of the coming Reaper invasion (which the Citadel races denied until it happened).

Also, a big part of the original ME trilogy was choices, and Bioware would have to pick an ending and that will essentially make player decisions useless.

It would be nice to learn more about the Kett as they to were visitors and its hinted the Archon was rogue, so the Kett could potentially not be hostile, just those under the Archon

Message 45 of 73 (3,610 Views)

★ Pro

@AarosCousland 

I enjoyed your ideas, and I hope that they mostly get used in some form in the next Andromeda

I would love to see more of the other twin, at least as a squadmate, if not a character trade-off or coop mode like Halo. It would also be interesting to see some of the interactions with the crew and their relationships, especially if you had a baby-capable romance and supported Gil, Drack, and the rogue Dr. lady in their plans to have kids. Lots of discussion, trade-offs, and hanging up on the council to be done there.

I read the Kett as being styled in part on the late Roman Republic, and we just ran into the self-aggrandizing general who has gotten sent to pacify the galaxy's equivalent of Gaul or Britannia. I expect that with Archon dead we will have the Kett send out an official distress call, and probably sometime in the next game we will see a new Kett "legion" turn up to investigate. It will be interesting to see how much of the gene modding was standard Kett behavior and how much is from the Archon's Jardaan cult.

Also, one way or another, I expect to see post-invasion arks turning up. Probably the first few would be full of refugees, escapees, and continuation-of-government outfits created by some of the groups that stole the Initiative's tech, and then depending on your choices, the rest would be more refugees getting smuggled out of the Milky Way or full of survivors who couldn't handle living in the rubble of the Milky Way.

Message 46 of 73 (3,550 Views)

★ Guide
The romance definitely needed an upgraded; I'm not sure why at this point you can't romance whoever you want regardless of which gender you choose.

Also I doubt there will be anymore arrivals from the Milky Way. Most probably didn't know of the Initiative and the Arks required massive resources. Further if the Initiative was a last ditch attempt for the races to have a chance to continue from the Reaper invasion; why lead the Reapers right to them?
Message 47 of 73 (3,541 Views)

★ Pro

While I suspect that the Benefactor arranged for most of the evidence of the Initiative in the Milky Way to be eliminated, most of the major covert intelligence organizations were tapped into the Initiative, a fact that I believe is at least partially confirmed by some of the characters we meet. If you read the Benefactor speculation threads you will see quite a few possibilities for this group, besides the obvious government agencies. Even assuming that many of these groups lost their Initiative records or didn't have the resources to pursue this option on any scale, that would still leave several who could covertly create at least small arks without being noticed, similarly to Cerberus creating Normandy 2. As for other arks, after the assault on Earth, I suspect that Liara would use her resources to begin creating them, either as lifeboats or as a way to leave the sorrows of the Milky Way behind. In the latter case, one of the arks may wind up containing Liara and her little blue Shepard.

Message 48 of 73 (3,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Some more ideas.

Melee dash powers:
Biotic Dash- discharges a biotic wave that has chance to knock back enemies in a small area
Tech Dash- discharges an electric pulse that has chance to stun enemies in a small area
Combat Dash- additional melee damage, ignores shields and armor

Sidearm:
Like a melee weapon, this is a free weapon slot for all characters but it must be from the pistol category. For the Pistols upgrades at level 6 one of the options becomes Dual Wield, where the character can use two pistols at once (no additional bonuses for the level). The pistols must be the same but the player does not have to craft/purchase a second one.

Ensnare (combat power):
Temporally wraps a small enemy in reinforced wires preventing them from attacking and increases damage against them

Bolts (tech power):
Unleashes multiple small electric bolts that damage enemies, lower shields and have a chance to stun

Echo (biotic power):
Creates a biotic apparition that appears near enemies, distracting them from the player and attack the apparition

Heat Sink
When customizing a gun, give the player a choice of using the vintage heat sink that recharges or the modern one that discards rather than the vintage being an augmentation. Reduce the magazine capacity penalty of the vintage but increase recharge time

Base Armor Layer
Have the basic, underlying armor be upgradeable also; think like the Medical Exoskeleton from the original ME. This can have different upgrades than the outer armor layers.

Message 49 of 73 (3,484 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I can't pass some levels.
Message 50 of 73 (3,423 Views)