Re: various citadel side quests won't complete

by aldan97

Original Post

various citadel side quests won't complete

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

On my fifth playthrough of ME3, and I've run into a glitch I've never hit before. Three different Citadel side quests are all having the same problem. For the Chemical Treatment quest, the Reaper Code Fragments quest, and the Target Jamming Technology quest, I overheard the various conversations, found the various plot items during the appropriate combat missions, and am now ready to give the items to the appropriate people on the Citadel. Except when I approach the appropriate NPC and try to engage, my Shepard simply repeats whatever dialogue was triggered by FINDING the item ("Oh, this looks useful...") instead of the dialogue that allows interaction with the NPC ("I overheard you earlier, and I've found this cool item I think will solve your problem...") Because the right dialogue isn't triggering, I can't give the item to the NPC and the quest won't complete. Same problem for all three quests.

For whatever reason, I'm not having any trouble with quest items I pick up via scanning planets; it's only with quest items found during combat missions.

I've tried quick saving and reloading, but it doesn't work. Tried exiting game and restarting; doesn't work. 

I'm a completionist, and this is driving me nuts.

Playing on PC, via Origin download. Have all plot DLCs but not the alternate appearance or weapon packs.

Message 1 of 9 (9,210 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having internet problems while these quest issues were happening (provider problems, getting very, very low kbps), and my Origin/EA connnection kept going in and out. The next day, with a stable internet connection, the problem went away and I completed the quests with no issues. Could a conflict between my local save and my Cloud save, or some related issue with the EA connection, have been the problem? Several attempts using a hard save with a system shut down, reboot and game restart didn't solve the problem the night before.

Message 2 of 9 (9,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having that exact same issue, however i am not having any internet trouble, and this is confusing me greatly.

Message 3 of 9 (9,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was having this issue too and for me the issue seemed to lie in the Docks: Holding Area. I reloaded to a time before I went down there and completed all side-quests on the other levels, before finally going back down and completing the side-quest there. The cause of the glitch might've been one of three things: Speaking with Zaeed, completing the side-quest "Hades Nexus: Prothean Sphere", or going down to the refugee area at all. I don't have the energy to figure out which one though (^:

Hope this helps someone, bye bye

Message 4 of 9 (8,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just a single Citadel side quest that won't complete.

The quest is the one about the Cerberus Ciphers.

I don't even get the option to talk to the Turian officer in the embassy - no interaction possible.

I tried quick save/reload, restarting game, going to different areas and even completing other missions and then coming back - nothing works.

It is very sad that Bioware isn't patching broken stuff like this.

Imagine they would build planes with that level of quality.

And who does quality control? Don't they test their own games?

The way I see this there aret 3 options:

1) Bioware/EA gives a rats * about the quality of a game and releases 'as is' - no testing  [unlikely]

2) Bioware/EA gives a rats * about users/customers and knows about those issues but can't be bothered fixing them [more likely]

3) Bioware/EA iust hires incompetent 3rd parties for game testing [that unfortunately seems to be the most likely one]

**** we should be allowed to return games that are broken like this for a full refund Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (7,896 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

a.  The quest does complete, (I've done it.)  But you need to have encountered ALL the "code fragments" before the turian will respond to you again.

c. It's now been over five years since the last patch to ME3.  Nothing more will ever be done by the devs, nor should anyone expect otherwise.

c.  It's hardly a "game-breaking" issue.  It's an incredibly minor side-quest.

d.  If this is the ONLY irreparable bug in any game you've ever played, then you lived a charmed life.  I know of no game this size that doesn't have problems.  Be glad this one's so irrelevant to anything else in the story.

Message 6 of 9 (7,872 Views)

You get the quest before completing Priority: Rannoch.

However, you can ONLY complete this quest after you have finished Priority: Thessia, which can only be completed after completing Priority: Rannoch

Message 7 of 9 (4,083 Views)

@c5ec3a5d8e2badab91e4c0188c9e168c 

I appreciate your attempt to help, but the last post in this thread is 3.5 years old.

Please look at the time a post was made and don't necro years old threads.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 9 (4,070 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @c5ec3a5d8e2badab91e4c0188c9e168c,

the post is already very old - therefore I close the thread at this point in accordance with the forum rules regarding necro-posting.

If your problem persists, or you have a current concern, please make a new post.

Please always pay attention to the date of the last post, and when the thread was created. Thank you!

/closed

~rephii

Message 9 of 9 (4,056 Views)