"The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." [PC]

by Zephyre0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." [PC]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have owned the PC version of Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition since early last year while I was in Australia and it has worked fine ever since.

Just recently I moved back to Malaysia and I am unable to enter multiplayer or authenticate my DLC because I can't seem to connect to the EA servers when I start up the game. Origin connects just fine fine, my connection is fine - I managed to do a repair install for ME3 at around 30 Mbps. Tried updating the game and Origin as well.

I've also tried looking for lines in my hosts file ending with "ea.com" to remove but there's nothing of the sort there.

Possibly related - my other game on Origin, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) can't seem to connect to the servers as well.

Nothing on my PC has changed ever since I moved back here and it's all enabled on my firewall. Enabled UDP port 3659 but that didn't work.

Please help - I don't want to miss Operation Genesis.

EDIT: I've read far and wide that a significant number of people are having this problem, but EA hasn't exactly been very helpful apart from providing solutions that have already been given by other members of the community before. I'm hoping we can get a proper solution to this soon.

I read somewhere that someone contacted EA on Twitter and the problem was account-side so they fixed it for him. Could this be the case here, too?

Message 1 of 2 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." [PC]

★★★ Novice

Nevermind - for some reason, this evening it started working fine again. That was really weird.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (629 Views)

All Replies

Re: "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." [PC]

★★★ Novice

Nevermind - for some reason, this evening it started working fine again. That was really weird.

Message 2 of 2 (630 Views)