Re: "Origin In Game" doesn't work since update. Unable to play/chat w/

by srgtcolon

Original Post

"Origin In Game" doesn't work since update. Unable to play/chat w/ friends.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Message/Report mostly to ADMINS.

Since the last Origin update "Origin In Game" issue appears and do not works in ME3.

It's impossible to talk (writeor speak) with friends or even invite them to play in multiplayer matches.

"You must enable Origin In Game to access this feature"
It's screwed for days right now, a lot of threads, blood and tears, and complains about that (Admins - see for yourself) - and ofc - no reaction.

I've reinstalled Origin.
Reinstalled Game.
After every uninstall I've scanned and cleared my computer files (incl. registry) with newest version of CCleaner.
I got the newest updates with Windows. All drivers are up-to-date. I even disable ALL apps and programs (in. antivir) working in background. Nothing was changed, installed for last month, in fact im not using much my PC for last month, exept ME3 multiplayer.
THE SAME issue got many guys on this forum (dont belive - check forum) also all of my friends who I was playing together ME3 Multi coop are dealing to this issue.

This problem DEFINITELY and absolutely 100% FOR SURE occur after new Origin update 9.7.2.

System: Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit
980GTX
16GB 2400MHz RAM.

Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here, "Origin in Game" worked in Mass Effect 3, but does no longer since last Origin update.

Disabled/Enabled OIG in Origin settings, reinstalled the game, reinstalled Origin, disabled firewall, etc. .., nope, OIG does not work in ME3.

Shift-F1 does not bring up the overlay and if I try to Invite Friends in my ME3 Lobby game tells me

You must "Enable Origin in Game" on the Origin (EA) client's Setting page to use this feature".

(while it is enabled of course.)

Ad1

I also have Crysis3 installed and "Origin in Game" works for that game!

It is only ME3 where OIG does not work, it is working in other games.

Ad2

I've started up my old PC which had an old Origin version (from January perhaps)

I first started Origin offline to avoid the update and OIG was working in ME3.

Then I switched online and let the Origin update run, OIG is not working immediately following update.

Origin version is:

Version 9.7.2.53208 - 380888

System:

Win7

Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having similar problem but with all my Origin Games.  None of my game icons are visible except under my profile but they do not let me play.  "Game Library" has all blank icons and so I don't know which games are which.  Clicking details brings up blank information. 

Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

Community Manager

@maeve4444 Did you meant to post in this thread? It sounds like your issue is separate from what's described in the earlier posts. 

As for your issue, does clearing the cache as described in this article help?

https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)