origin wont let me play the game,says the code is already used

by sooty2758

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin wont let me play the game,says the code is already used

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

origin wont let me play the game,says the code is already used.

i have already done one playthrough and want to go again.

i didnt purchace game through origin.

what to do???

Message 1 of 11 (2,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect 3

Community Manager

He already has a ticket in our system and is working with a Game Advisor to solve the issue.

Please remember: The community on Answer HQ cannot help you with account, game code, game registration, or billing issues. To solve these problems an EA Game Advisor has to look into your individual account. You might have to answer a security question or proof your purchase with a receipt. And that's nothing that should be discussed on a public forum!

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (2,813 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

So did the code that you use allow you to play ?

If not go to where you bought the game and ask for refund or a new key.

Message 2 of 11 (2,705 Views)

★★ Pro

You do know that you don't have to input the code twice once you have it registered in Origin, right?

Once you have registered with Origin, you log in there with you e-mail and password and in Origin ME3 shows up under "My Games" - you mighthave to check "show all games" if you haven't installed it.

Message 3 of 11 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the problem is not with the game or where i bought it. The problem is with origin.

origin will not let me activate the game. it says "CODE IS ALREADY IN USE"

Dont tell me to reset password , done that three times already.

Dont tell me to reinstall origin , done that twice.

As i have said i have played through it once allready. I just finished a me2 playthough and wanted to play me3 again with different choices.

But its not happening , F...ing cloud gaming.What a rort!!!!!

Find case # 07304175 for more info.

angry nigel.......

Message 4 of 11 (2,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Look i have other games on origin  , i know you only activate once ,i have done that when i purchaced it ,the game is listed in"my games".

I went to play AGAIN and clicked on the icon, up pops diolouge box to activate again ,do ya get it now.

I have the game and the activation key/code .origin has the key/code , WHATS THE PROBLEM.

LET ME PLAY MY GAME.

Nigel...

Message 5 of 11 (2,687 Views)

★★ Pro

You should have included all those details in your opening post as this would have really helped narrowing down the problem. I'm afraid then we cannot help you here as this is a forum where users help other users. You'll have to go through EA's help

Message 6 of 11 (2,685 Views)

Community Manager

He already has a ticket in our system and is working with a Game Advisor to solve the issue.

Please remember: The community on Answer HQ cannot help you with account, game code, game registration, or billing issues. To solve these problems an EA Game Advisor has to look into your individual account. You might have to answer a security question or proof your purchase with a receipt. And that's nothing that should be discussed on a public forum!

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 7 of 11 (2,814 Views)

Re: origin wont let me play the game,says the code is already used

★★★★★ Novice

just my thoughts sir, since the Origin software is the problem, have you tried opening ME3 from its main folder in your hard drive? I mean your MassEffect3.exe file ...

Message 8 of 11 (2,673 Views)

Re: origin wont let me play the game,says the code is already used

Community Manager (retired)

which version of ME3 did you purchase?
Basic ME3, Collectors Edition, Digital Delux, Trilogy?

Message 9 of 11 (2,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is possible that when you registered the game your code registered to a different account?  Do you have multiple origin accounts?

In my case I made a typo and the DVD code registered to my typo account.  Which doesnt make sense cause that typo account doesnt exist but I guess origin doesnt know that (this is purely a guess).

When I clicked on the *.exe; my origin account and the account the code registered to were different, hence the this code was already used error message.

I had to go to EA help and make a new account then have EA help transfered the activation code to the new account.

For some reason EA help could not just correct the typo and match the acctivation code to the correct account.

So now I have two origin account to two different emails ... but I can play ME3.

Also EA Help offered to merge the two accounts BUT all progress would be lost.  I choose to just keep two accounts.

Maybe this will help someone ... good luck

Message 10 of 11 (1,832 Views)