Re: mass effect 3 lost activation code, due to hard drive format, reinstalled origin, but does show ME3 in my games or anywhere in registered games

by TheDeathShot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect 3 lost activation code, due to hard drive format, reinstalled origin, but does show ME3 in my games or anywhere in registered games

★★★ Newbie

I stored my passwords in a text file on my pc, but my system crashed and i had to reinstall everything. Origin no longer shows ME3 in my games or anywhere on my account. My games were stored on another hard drive on my system, and when i click the D:\Program Files\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\masseffect3 folder it starts to install then asks for the code. i cannot find anywhere on the ea help site to email them or sort this out.

Message 1 of 6 (3,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect 3 lost activation code, due to hard drive format, reinstalled origin, but does show ME3 in my games or anywhere in registered games

Have you tried using the Live Chat function in Origin to speak to a Game Advisor?

SD Signature Banner

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (3,525 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

If you have ever redeemed your codes on Origin, you will find them in your 'My Games' tab, and building on you already played this game, you must have redeemed your code on Origin.

You can find your game code on your Origin client by hovering over the game's icon, clicking the 'i' button and you will see your serial number in a label next or under the game's icon.

Good luck Standard smile.

Message 2 of 6 (3,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the help, but. The game does not show up in origin launcher, on my games, or on my registered games on the website.  I have also lost other games from my origin account, crysis2 and a few others, but luckily i had bought a physical copy of them and simple reinstalled them and used the code on the box. But ME3 was digital, so all i have is proof of purchase on my bank statement, the game does not show up in my origin account at all.

Message 3 of 6 (3,336 Views)

@ nomadt666

Are you using the same Origin account you had before your PC crashed or did you create a new one?

SD Signature Banner

Message 4 of 6 (3,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i am using the same account. When i reinstalled origin, it still had my mass effect 2 game registered with it, but the others were missing, i have just double checked the code for ME2 and it is the same as the one on the manual that came with the game. I really have no idea why i can't find ME3 on origin.

Message 5 of 6 (3,330 Views)

Have you tried using the Live Chat function in Origin to speak to a Game Advisor?

SD Signature Banner

Message 6 of 6 (3,526 Views)