is mass effect triology supported in windows 10

by jonesrocks21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

is mass effect triology supported in windows 10

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 10 home basic. It seems people are having problem while launching Mass Effect one in windows 10.

I am about to buy the trilogy. I have played the game in windows 7. I want to play again.

Can anyone please confirm if mass effect one is launching in windows 10.

Message 1 of 5 (606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: is mass effect triology supported in windows 10

Hero (Retired)
@jonesrocks21 I personally haven't had much difficulty getting Mass Effect 1 to run on Windows 10, but it may well come down to your individual setup whether it will run properly or not. I just had to use the config utility in the game installation folder to set my graphics resolution, as the default resolution made it impossible to access full HD resolution settings in-game (the menu dropdown made the highest resolutions go off-screen).

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (578 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@jonesrocks21 I personally haven't had much difficulty getting Mass Effect 1 to run on Windows 10, but it may well come down to your individual setup whether it will run properly or not. I just had to use the config utility in the game installation folder to set my graphics resolution, as the default resolution made it impossible to access full HD resolution settings in-game (the menu dropdown made the highest resolutions go off-screen).
Message 2 of 5 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I played all the Mass Effect games on Windows 10 and had zero issues.

There are compatibility issues with AMD processors in ME1, however (regardless of OS). Everything FX or higher (including Ryzen) causes lighting issues in two major locations (Peak 15 on Noveria and Ilos). If you have an Intel CPU, you'll be fine.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (567 Views)

@jonesrocks21

I as well have zero problems to run ME1 on Windows 10. It is as @JanePhoenix said, the configuration and condition of your system is the essential factor.

There is no general incompatibility between ME1 and Windows 10.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Further to; the AMD compatibility issue with lighting, if this is occurring for anyone here's what I do....  

hit the Tilde key (~) to open the console and type viewmode unlit.

Press Enter and close the console.

You'll have to do this, as mentioned, for Peak 15 (as you first enter the facility it will start, but once you arrive at the labs you should be able to turn it back to lit mode) (because unlit mode doesn't look all that great)

And as well at Ilos for the entire time you're there I believe.

As for Windows 10 I too have played all three games in the last 3-4 years on my Win 10 rig, no other issues. The OS seems to have a compatibility mode that, once enabled, automatically finds a way to play a lot of older games. Probably not all, but I have yet to have a problem with any of mine. And I've been computer gaming since the mid 90's.

Message 5 of 5 (497 Views)