import appearance broken

by iakrus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

import appearance broken

★★★★ Novice

My character from mass effect 2 has the code of a preset, and is importing to me3 like that, despite not looking anything like that preset! I had imported her from me1. When that happened I recreated her in me2 and got the same code. I finished me2 and now want to play me3 but i can find no way to transfer my characters appearance across! Is this a bug? Is it fixable? Is there ANYTHING I can do? I've looked into the save editors but that doesnt seem to work between games. 

Help?

Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: import appearance broken

@iakrus

This problem actually was a big thing as ME3 was released.

The simple truth is that the Character creator and the Game engine changed so much that some characteristics simply changed.

What you can try:

• Make a backup of your ME2 save games.
  • Open the ME2 save game that you want to import in "Gibbeds Mass Effect.2 Save Edititor"
  • Go to the "RAW" Tab > Expand "Player" > Go to "Face Code" > delete the face code in the right window > In the save dialogue, change the Save game number to +1 (50 > 51 for example.) > "Save"
  • Now try to import that save game and look if it get a better results.

If that don't works:

Editing the Face inside the save editor is complicated and I am afraid that a lot of the sources that were available at the time ME3 was released are no longer present.

(The Bioware forum for example is down.)

If that suggestion above is not suffice for you let me know, then I will look if some of the old bookmarks I have are still working.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (415 Views)

All Replies

Re: import appearance broken

@iakrus

This problem actually was a big thing as ME3 was released.

The simple truth is that the Character creator and the Game engine changed so much that some characteristics simply changed.

What you can try:

• Make a backup of your ME2 save games.
  • Open the ME2 save game that you want to import in "Gibbeds Mass Effect.2 Save Edititor"
  • Go to the "RAW" Tab > Expand "Player" > Go to "Face Code" > delete the face code in the right window > In the save dialogue, change the Save game number to +1 (50 > 51 for example.) > "Save"
  • Now try to import that save game and look if it get a better results.

If that don't works:

Editing the Face inside the save editor is complicated and I am afraid that a lot of the sources that were available at the time ME3 was released are no longer present.

(The Bioware forum for example is down.)

If that suggestion above is not suffice for you let me know, then I will look if some of the old bookmarks I have are still working.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (416 Views)