Workaround for the infamous Docks: Holding Area glitch?

by Crazy_Canadian24

Original Post

Workaround for the infamous Docks: Holding Area glitch?

★★ Novice

So, as the title would suggest, I'm looking for a way to subvert the infamous Docks: Holding Area glitch, where the area refuses to load, causing ME3 to choke and die (typically, this resulted in a black-screen-of-death on consoles, but as I'm on PC I just get an infinite loading screen that Windows refers to as "not responding and needing to close" if I so much as sneeze at it). Since I'm on PC, modding and save game editing are both options. I know one possible PC workaround for this is to use rapid transit to go to the Normandy, then go directly to the Holding Area when docking, bypassing the elevator - however, as I'm not able to access the location, even if doing so is the first thing I do as soon as the location becomes available, this won't work conventionally. Would it be possible to flag the Holding Area as "visited" using Gibbed's save editor? If not, would just setting it as the area I'm in work? If so, does anyone know what the game engine calls the location? Is there a "patch mod" that I can install to fix the issue that I've missed? I've spent a good deal of time combing the Interwebs for any useful information on the matter, so I'm mildly desperate for answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (1,457 Views)

Re: Workaround for the infamous Docks: Holding Area glitch?

★★ Novice

*Bump*

Message 2 of 7 (1,446 Views)

★★ Novice

*Bump*

God, I feel dirty for bumping this twice in a row...

Message 3 of 7 (1,425 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump.

Halp.

Message 4 of 7 (1,417 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump.

Is this the meaning of life? To bump a thread for eternity?

Message 5 of 7 (1,413 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump.

Guise pls.

Message 6 of 7 (1,408 Views)

★ Novice

I am sure you have either abandoned this by now or have discovered a workaround. Regardless, I figured I would post my fix as I ran into this issue recently as well after I installed a ton of mods and there were no fixes for PC that I could find.

I ran the Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager (ME3CMM.exe). Under Tools, Run AutoTOC on game and create a new AutoToc. If it successfully generates, then close the Mod Manager. Start up ME3 again and see if you can transition into the Holding Docks. This fixed my issue.

Message 7 of 7 (1,118 Views)