Re: Why can I not play Mass Effect 3 (SP campaign) while your servers are down?

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Why can I not play Mass Effect 3 (SP campaign) while your servers are down?

★★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry, but this is rediculous. I wish to play a single player campaign (Mass Effect 3), and beause your servers are down, I can't load my game? Why is it Origin must check downloadable content (twice) everytime I load my game? 

Message 1 of 2 (370 Views)

Re: Why can I not play Mass Effect 3 (SP campaign) while your servers are down?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I can play the SP campaign without any issues when I am in Offline Mode, but only if I started the game in Offline Mode or did play without DLCs.

The trick seems to be to put Origin in Offline Mode before you start the game:

GoOffline.png

As you can see I am not connected to the EA Servers in game:

OfflineinME3.JPG

And as I said it is true that you cannot access and play your DLC or saves with DLCs while in Offline Mode (which reminds me that I don't have all of my DLC installed in the office ^^):

ME3DLC.JPG

But I am able to start a new game without any problems (yes, I usually play BroShep ^^):

NewGame.JPG

I totally understand that it can be a pain to have to authorise your DLC every time you want to play the SP campaign. And I'm really sorry that you couldn't play the game at the time you wanted. It is the goal of our Network Operations Team to keep the server maintenances as short as possible, so that we all can play our games whenever we want. But as we all know ... that does not always work out. Confusedmileyfrustrated: We promise to do better in the future.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (359 Views)