Re: Same problem

by kyuros

Original Post

Weapon Mod Pickup Bug

★★ Novice

This is the second time I've encountered this bug. I'm playing ME3 on the Xbox 360. I googled this and found it to be a known issue but I haven't found a solution for it.

The first time is on the Priority: Mars mission. I picked up the weapon mod SMG Lightweight Materials but the bottom-right screen didn't pop up letting me know what I just picked up. When I went to the workbench, which is right next to where you find the mod, the mod is nowhere to be found.

This second time, I'm on the Priority: Sur Kesh mission to save the female krogan for the genophage cure. After the alarm sounds off in the lab, I try to pick up what I think was an Assault Rifle Extended Barrel. Same thing: no bottom-right screen pop-up, no weapon mod.

This is my second playthrough of the game. It's weird because my first playthrough was extremely smooth, no bugs whatsoever.

I'd like to note that in both instances, I had also just downloaded some new DLC and also encountered the "Checking Downloadable Content" freeze bug at the Main Menu. The first time, I figured it was the DLC so I deleted it. That didn't work so I went so far as to re-format my HDD and start a new game. It didn't really work. Eventually I thought it was some very random configuration of my created character that was creating the bug. Since Priority: Mars was at the start of the game, I basically just kept creating characters with slightly different physical characteristics. Eventually it just worked and I could pick up and use SMG Lightweight Materials with no problem.

Now that it's happening again, I don't really have the patience to mess around with random stuff and hope I don't get the bug again.

Message 1 of 12 (2,684 Views)

Re: Weapon Mod Pickup Bug

★★ Novice

Does someone have a workaround at least?

Some other user on a different thread said that you can pick up mods that you miss on missions through Spectre Requisitions. That wasn't true, at least not for me.

Another user said you can pick up the mods that you miss at the various shops. But I can't tell if those are mods I missed or if those are just the mods that those shops normally offer. Help? This is really killing the game for me.

Message 2 of 12 (2,647 Views)

Re: Weapon Mod Pickup Bug

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem. there is no solution?

Message 3 of 12 (2,621 Views)

Same problem

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem too. I'm on the phone with Origin right now trying to figure this all out. I've un/reinstalled the game 4 times! Maybe I'll try to start playing before I redownload my dlc.

Message 4 of 12 (2,580 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had the same problem and i solved unistalling the game and then installing without patch

Message 5 of 12 (2,568 Views)

★★ Novice

Any luck with talking to Origin on the phone?

Message 6 of 12 (2,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To reinforce this topic and for info. I got the PC trilogy pack for Xmas - DVD but couldn't figure out how to install ME3 from disc so downloaded it (1.04). Origin is really buggy if you try to install from disc - told me my code had already been used etc. Imported ME2 save. Have just got to the Citidel and none of the weapons mods from the first mission on Mars have shown up. I can buy mods on Normandy and they show up. Not the end of the world but a solution to this would be greatly appreciated EA. If credit supply is not limited as in ME2, then buying them (if they are all available in stores) is a work around I guess. Anyone know if this problem persists throughout the game?

Message 7 of 12 (2,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am having this problem as well. I have read that it's about the Leviathan DLC. I uninstalled the dlc and will try without it (but still with patch 1.04) to see if the bug is still here.

EDIT: It still happens with Leviathan uninstalled.

Also I think it happens with patch 1.03 as well.

Message 8 of 12 (2,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't have Levithian installed at the beginning although I do now. Just to update it does seem to be unpredictable. Sometimes the mods show up and sometimes they don't. I did wonder if I had more available when I accessed a weapon bench while on a mission rather than on Normandy - not sure now. I guess I should take notes!

Message 9 of 12 (2,505 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hope they fix this soon. I'm not playing the game simply because of this annoying bug.

Message 10 of 12 (2,495 Views)