Weapon Benches not working...

by rad666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weapon Benches not working...

★★★ Novice

I started a new game of ME3 (imported character), and I discovered I could not use the weapon benches properly. I could activate the bench, switch weapons, but I could not apply any mods to my weapons. I tried both the bench in the Mars base, and the bench in the Normandy hangar with the same results. I then imported a different character with the same results.

My copy is 100% legal. I am using no cracks, and no Coalesced mods (or mods of any other kind, including FXAA injectors). I have tried using Origins repair function (did not work), and I am currently reinstalling the whole game.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, andif so how did you fix it, if at all?

Message 1 of 28 (12,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weapon Benches not working...

★★★ Newbie

I found the following solution.

1. Open the save in Gibbed

2. Go to Raw >> Plot >> Player Variables

3. Open the Collection editor

4. Press "Add"

5. In "Name" enter the name of mod, in "Value" enter the rank of mod

6. Press "OK"

7. Go to Uncategorized >> Treasures

8. Open the Collection editor

9. Select the members whose name corresponds to the level where found unreported mod (for Mars it's "Biop_ProMar")

10. Go to Items and open the Collection editor

11. Add a line with the name of mod

12. Press "ОК"

13. Save the file.

In game load edited save.

Name of mod can be found here: http://www.progamercity.net/xbox/6370-mass-effect-3-gibbed-save-editor.html

View in thread

Message 14 of 28 (8,853 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Usually this is what happens if you try to apply mods when picking up a new weapon. In this case, it's normal that you can't do it. It should work fine on weapon benches unless you don't have any mods. For diagnostic purposes, buy a new mod on the Normandy and try to apply it. I want to know if the previously acquired mods are just not registered or if you truly have a bug with the weapons bench itself.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 28 (12,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Your reply got me thinking, so I did a google search and found out about the "weapon mod pickup bug". I recalled I never saw the popup when I picked up the "SMG Ultralight Materials" mod during "Priority: Mars", so I fired up Gibbed's Save editor and opened my save. I found where the save files keeps the info on weapon mods, and lo and behold, the two SMG mods (Ultralight and Scope) are not there. The shotgun and sniper rilfe mods are there, but I never tested if the shotgun or sniper rifle mods worked.

It looks like I ran into the weapon mod pickup bug for the first time.

I should be able to add them manually using Gibbed's. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Ok, using Gibbed's didn't work (at least not as I thought it would).

Message 3 of 28 (12,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, it seems to matter what weapon I'm carrying. I had an AR this time, not an SMG, and I was able to pick up and use the mods without problems. Wierd bug.

From what I can tell, it's been around since 1.03. I think the Devs REALLY need to look into this one.

Message 4 of 28 (12,549 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@rad666 wrote:

Well, it seems to matter what weapon I'm carrying. I had an AR this time, not an SMG, and I was able to pick up and use the mods without problems. Wierd bug.

From what I can tell, it's been around since 1.03. I think the Devs REALLY need to look into this one.

I have been messing around with Gibbeds Save Editor to fix this. I have been unsuccessfull at doing so.

So according to what you say, if I don't carry any smgs, I will be able to pick up the smg mods?

Message 5 of 28 (12,472 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, that seems to be the case. I only encountered the problem during "Priority Mars", so after that you should be OK.

Message 6 of 28 (12,468 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 28 (12,467 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@rad666 wrote:

Yes, that seems to be the case. I only encountered the problem during "Priority Mars", so after that you should be OK.

Confirmed.  I could finally pick up Smg Scope during Mars mission.

This bug only happens if you try to pick up an SMG Wepon Mod while carrying an SMG weapon.

Now since we know what cayses the bug, all we have to do is to wait for Bioware to show how professional they are by fixing this annoying bug.

Message 8 of 28 (12,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ancalimonungol wrote:

@rad666 wrote:

Confirmed.  I could finally pick up Smg Scope during Mars mission.

This bug only happens if you try to pick up an SMG Wepon Mod while carrying an SMG weapon.

Now since we know what cayses the bug, all we have to do is to wait for Bioware to show how professional they are by fixing this annoying bug.

Don't hold you're breath. If it isn't fixed by whatever patch they may or maynot release prior to the "Citadel DLC", there won't be another one. EA studios don't seem to release patches for games more than a year old, or ones that are no longer releasing DLC.

Message 9 of 28 (12,458 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe none of the staff is reading this forum and that's why they are not fixing the bug? Any other way to contact the people that are fixing bugs?

For example, in Steam forums  I told about a bug for a game and a couple of minutes later, the programmers fixed that bug and released an update. I'm sure Bioware is also capable of fixing a bug as trivial (but game breaking) as this one but we are writing about this bug at the wrong place?

Message 10 of 28 (12,454 Views)