Re: Unlocking ultra rare weapons in ME3 multiplayer

by JonatasA

Original Post

Unlocking ultra rare weapons in ME3 multiplayer

★★★★★ Newbie

I haven't found any answer to my question about this yet, but maybe somebody else knows or has a similar question. When you've unlocked and maxed out every item except for ultra rare weapons (excluding common, uncommon and rare consumables), which item pack has a higher chance of dropping these ultra rare weapons- the Premium spectre pack or the Arsenal pack?

The first one says there's an increased chance of getting ultra rare items and the second one says there's an increased chance of getting weapons. For me the only ultra rare items or weapons left to unlock or max out are the ultra rare weapons. On a side note, lately the only rare or better items I've been able to get are the rare consumables (level 4).

Message 1 of 8 (28,512 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly this is what i have been trying too figure out the last couple of weeks. Millions of credits spent on premium and arsenal packs. When i finally got lucky and received one of the few Ultra rares i dont own the Harrier i got so excited that i forgot which pack it came in.
Message 2 of 8 (28,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot unlock the Geth Spitfire or the Venom S/gun. I have been trying since their release. I have spent thousands of points to no avail on all of the packs. i seem to have hit a wall none of the packs I have bought in the last 8 weeks have even offered me weapon or character upgrades.

Message 3 of 8 (28,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here!

But i just found this: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/13527160

So from now on, i will try Reserve Packs! Maybe that helps, we'll see ...

Message 4 of 8 (27,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had this problem too but i have found out that buying an weapons pack is way better i was unlocking two ultra rare weapons in the same pack incuding the geth spitfire. i hope this helps.

Message 5 of 8 (20,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The way this works...

For common; Recruit packs.

For uncommon; veteran packs.
For rare weapons; Arsenal packs.
For Ultra rare weapons; Reserves packs.

Sounds a little counter intuitive to buy recruit packs to get weapons. You're almost guaranteed to get 2 weapons from an arsenal pack as long as you have rare weapons to unlock. But once those are maxed you're much more likely yo get rating IV (4) equipment, it does not increase the odds of getting Ultra Rare weapons. So your odds of getting a Ultra Rare weapons are always highest from Reserve packs.

I ended up buying Reserve packs (got a few  until I got all the classes I wanted, Recruit Packs til I got all that to rating X (10), then Veteran Packs until rating X (10), then Arsenal til I got all rare weapons to X (10)... finishing off now with Reserve packs to get the Ultra Rare weapons...

While this is a super late post, and literally my first post on the forums... might still help some people Standard smile
~ Galvan0x

Sources:
- http://forum.bioware.com/topic/383659-ur-drop-rate-experiment-spspspsrpsaps-reckoning-dlc-update/ (still seems like the best research out there on it)
- Over 1000 hours playing the game (mostly MP... that was scary to look up Disappointed )

(Edit: formatting)

Message 6 of 8 (12,714 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wish I could give you 3x as much do as I can. Been wondering about this and spending millions of credits randomly. At least I got some amazing items.
Message 7 of 8 (11,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response Standard smile

I do randomly get ultra rares from the premium spectre packs every now and then. sometimes I've gotten multiple upgrades with consecutive packs but it's really rare.

I'll try my luck with the reserves packs. The only downside I've had with that is when I get xp for a class I haven't promoted and reset so it's wasted.

Hope you get the weapons you are looking for, and you still enjoy the MP even after lots of hours. I'm sure I've got way too many hours already xD

Message 8 of 8 (9,483 Views)