Re: Unable to import character from ME2 to ME3 with Mass Effect Trilogy

by DoctorDAM

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Complete reinstall from scratch and save file from ME2 in standard location is not being detected.

What kind or official support and recourse is available for this issue?

Spoiler

Message 11 of 17 (622 Views)

★★★ Guide

https://help.ea.com/

They are hit and (often) miss when it comes to ME.  They'll run through a bunch of the usual checklist operations, many of which you've already done.  But since this appears to be an install/PC issue, maybe they'll find something we haven't. Good luck!

Message 12 of 17 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA support was unable to be of any assistance.

Even the workaround suggested with the configuration tool wont work because the ME3 configuration tool errors out when running it.

I dont understand how these issues havent been ironed out after all these years.

Message 13 of 17 (574 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorry to hear.

"I dont understand how these issues havent been ironed out after all these years."

That's partly because EA "does't support ME game anymore" (!).  Yes, I've heard that line numerous times from ea.help customer support after I try to elevate when they haven't come up with a fix for my issue.  So we only get Origin changes, which if anything, make things worse for ME since any resulting newly introduced bugs aren't addressed.

Config tool crashes?  Wow, something odd between Origin, ME, and your PC. But you can play ME1, ME2, and ME3, it is just the import that fails?

Since you obviously have been willing to go the extra mile, here's one last ditch thing you may consider trying:

Install on another PC (or have a friend install) and just try the import on that one (did they already have you try making a new user account on your PC?).  Not sure that solves anything since you still would have to take the resulting new ME3 save file and get it to work back on your PC...

Message 14 of 17 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah the games play fine, but I end up losing out because I can't import from one game to another.

The only workaround I have found is to take my information from the ME2 save, open it up in Gibbed editor, then create a new save in ME3, then copy over the settings the best I can manually from the ME2 save.

Message 15 of 17 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ryanhall85 

ryanhall85 wrote:

I dont understand how these issues havent been ironed out after all these years.

Because it is an issue on you system, not a general problem with the game.

A repair installation or fresh installation of Windows will fix this issue most probably.

ryanhall85 wrote:
Even the workaround suggested with the configuration tool wont work because the ME3 configuration tool errors out when running it.

The Config tool don't like CPU with a high core count.

If you have such a CPU here is a workaround. (Set it to not more than 4 cores)

I doubt it will help here, there is no import feature in the ME3 config tool.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 16 of 17 (522 Views)

★★★ Novice

I started up the game again and it for some reason, acted as if I had never started on and the only option was "New Game".

That seemed weird, so I went into the saves location and found that it is repeatedly creating a new profile. It's hard to determine because it's all in Chinese characters.

I have to copy my saves to the newly created folder each time. This is borked.

me3.JPG

Message 17 of 17 (384 Views)