Unable to authorise the listed DLC: Earth

by Surano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to authorise the listed DLC: Earth

★★★ Newbie

For some unknown reason access the Earth DLC has ceased (after it was working).

I have reinstalled ME3 no change.

Found I needed to update the Extended Cut DLC (which I did) but this had no effect.  All other content was ok.

The proble seems to have occurred when I made a new ME3 character.

Is there anyway to either uninstall the Earth DLC or to repair/reinstall the Earth DLC?

Very annoying as Earth N7 characters and upgrade are MIA.

Message 1 of 3 (1,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to authorize the listed DLC: Earth

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks Sundance.  I had tried as you suggested but unfortunately the option was not available for me to repair the Earth DLC.  I had tried the Repair on ME3 but that did not work.

In the end I unistalled ME3 and then reinstalled it.  Reinstalling ME3 kicked off the DLC to reinstall which in turn fixed the problem.

A lot of time and downloading but it works without issue now.

Not sure what the problem was but suspect the issue may have been caused by the Extended Cut DLC which had not been updated with the most recent patch when the Earth DLC was applied.  But then again the Extended Cut DLC was the last DLC to reinstall and it all works fine now.  Who knows?

I think if i had the option to reinstall the Earth DLC a lot of time and angst would have been saved.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,145 Views)

All Replies

Right click on the DLC in Origin (it should be on a list found via the "i"  icon) and there should be a "Repair Install".

If the problem persists you may need to contact a Game Advisor.

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 3 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks Sundance.  I had tried as you suggested but unfortunately the option was not available for me to repair the Earth DLC.  I had tried the Repair on ME3 but that did not work.

In the end I unistalled ME3 and then reinstalled it.  Reinstalling ME3 kicked off the DLC to reinstall which in turn fixed the problem.

A lot of time and downloading but it works without issue now.

Not sure what the problem was but suspect the issue may have been caused by the Extended Cut DLC which had not been updated with the most recent patch when the Earth DLC was applied.  But then again the Extended Cut DLC was the last DLC to reinstall and it all works fine now.  Who knows?

I think if i had the option to reinstall the Earth DLC a lot of time and angst would have been saved.

Message 3 of 3 (1,146 Views)