Suddenly got a large number of credits in multiplayer

by Decoy_Tactics

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suddenly got a large number of credits in multiplayer

★★★ Newbie
Hello! Apologies if this is the wrong venue for this question. I recently played ME3 multiplayer, and after a single match, I found I had something like 6000000 credits in my account. I'm guessing this is because the host was using a modified .ini file. However I'm uncertain how to proceed, as I don't know how to bring this to anyone's attention, or who's attention it needs. I haven't spent the credits, and I'm unwilling to earn anymore until I've found some way to get the matter resolved. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 6 (1,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly got a large number of credits in multiplayer

Hero

@Slapsak69 This happens when the game host is cheating. To prevent this, either host the game yourself or leave the game if you get an absurd credit gain after the first objective wave.

Years ago my advice would have been to contact EA support about it and let them wipe the credits so you wouldn't be labelled a cheater yourself, but I'm not sure if EA still takes actions against cheaters in this game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,119 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Also got this "problem" just now, though seeing you got no reply after 4 years I assume they don't care. Just leaving a reply in case EA decides that they do care.
Message 2 of 6 (915 Views)

Hero

@Slapsak69 This happens when the game host is cheating. To prevent this, either host the game yourself or leave the game if you get an absurd credit gain after the first objective wave.

Years ago my advice would have been to contact EA support about it and let them wipe the credits so you wouldn't be labelled a cheater yourself, but I'm not sure if EA still takes actions against cheaters in this game.

Message 3 of 6 (1,120 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Slapsak69

Our Terms of Service Team is still looking into cheating reports from Mass Effect 3. Just like @Fred_vdp mentioned, you can contact our live support to let them know that you probably joined a match hosted by a cheater or you can report that player if you still remember their ID.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 6 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EA_Ataashi Do you know if EA still reads ME3 cheater reports sent to ME3MPCheaters@BioWare.com

Message 5 of 6 (885 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Fred_vdp 

I believe this email is not active anymore Wondering We recommend going the usual "report the player" route, which I linked above, for most of our titles now.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 6 (881 Views)