Re: Sound issues

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sound issues

★ Novice

I'm having issues with the sound, mainly the speech during cut scenes.  The voices are really feint to the point that I can not hear them, music and sound effects seem OK.  Strange thing is, if I swap the game to the game pad the voices are fine.  I've checked all the sound settings, every setting is at 100% and tried dynamic range low and high, no change.  I've also tired putting music and sound effects to 0 and left voices at 100 and no change.  Please help!  I'd really like to play that game, but not being able to hear the cut scenes really makes the game UN playable :/

Message 1 of 11 (7,527 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I believe this can happen if the game is outputting in surround while you only have stereo. In a 5.1 setup, voices come out of the central speaker. If you only have two speakers, you only hear voice echoes. I don't have a Wii U, so i can't tell if there are settings for that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (7,918 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I believe this can happen if the game is outputting in surround while you only have stereo. In a 5.1 setup, voices come out of the central speaker. If you only have two speakers, you only hear voice echoes. I don't have a Wii U, so i can't tell if there are settings for that.

Message 2 of 11 (7,919 Views)

★ Novice

That was it Standard smile thanks!!!  I left out some important information being that I had my Wii U hooked up to a surround sound system ... it seems the Wii U iteself was not outputing surround correctly to the 5.1 speakers ... when I swaped the system to stereo ... Mass Effect 3 Voices worked perfectly.  So it was the Wii U, not the game.  Now to figure out why Wii U is not outputting surround correctly

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 11 (7,486 Views)

Re: Sound issues no sound where do you turn it on and off

★★★ Newbie

i still dont have sound  i am not vey good in changing things and there is no one to help me.

@Adriattic wrote:

That was it Standard smile thanks!!!  I left out some important information being that I had my Wii U hooked up to a surround sound system ... it seems the Wii U iteself was not outputing surround correctly to the 5.1 speakers ... when I swaped the system to stereo ... Mass Effect 3 Voices worked perfectly.  So it was the Wii U, not the game.  Now to figure out why Wii U is not outputting surround correctly

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 11 (4,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no sound on my computer.

Message 5 of 11 (4,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no sound in the games

Message 6 of 11 (4,154 Views)

Hero

If you have no sound, start a new thread and specify what audio hardware you have.

Message 7 of 11 (4,148 Views)

★★ Novice

I read the answers and it did not help

Message 8 of 11 (4,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no sound in my games

Message 9 of 11 (3,875 Views)

Hero

@amp8817 wrote:

I have no sound in my games

Start a new thread and try to be more detailed (e.g. what audio hardware you have).

Message 10 of 11 (3,869 Views)