Re: Mass Effect 3 System Offline - Unable to access galaxy at war map

by Xc0w

Original Post

Unable to make Galaxy at War update

★★★ Newbie

I've had ongoing issues getting my Galaxy At War status to update.  These include not being able to show connection to the server upon opening Mass Effect 3, in addition to multiplayer game time not being transferred to my readiness rating.  I've spent over 8 hours game time in multiplayer attempting to up my readiness rating, to no avail.  In addition I spent over an hour chatting with an adviser who reset my previous readiness rating from 70% back to 50%, setting me even further back and furthering the problems I'd had before even attempting to get help.  My total time invested in trying to get my readiness rating to the point where I can complete the game with the appropriate ending now exceeds 10 hours.  After having paid over $80 for this game at release, as well as investing all this time only to grow increasingly frustrated, I'm hoping to find a solution soon.  I've reinstalled the game, resynced my profile, per forum and official EA advice, with nothing.  I've taken 4 different screen shots if you'd like me to share.

I chatted with Michael to start with, he did not fix the problem.  After realizing the problem was not fixed, he has closed out two attempts to chat with him after waiting for 40 minutes, effectively shutting me out of fixing and enjoying the game I invested in.  I've spent nearly $1000 on EA products, as can be seen in my order history.  I am incredibly disappointed in how Michael has handled my case and just want my issue fixed and EA's involvement in my gaming experience in general.

Message 101 of 179 (1,295 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm guessing EA hired Mayan programmers, and they programmed in the Y2.012.21.12 bug.

Seriously folks... How can it take this long to investigate a problem this big? I miss the days when Steam handled everything.

Message 102 of 179 (1,715 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tonight my N7 and challenge points were returned to normal, and I was able to play MP but still no galaxy at war map.

The MP store worked fine.

However, I was noticing that it appeared to be on Gold/Platinum difficulty sometimes (only for like one level at a time) and everyone would get one hit killed all at once (on SILVER, c'mon). So in 4 games of silver, none were extracted (one ended on level 3). That has never happened before and I don't think its because everyone playing was THAT bad either.

Message 103 of 179 (1,670 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just want to put this out there... I've waited quite a while to play ME:3 again after running into bugs in game which ruined my ability to get 100%. I originally purchased this March release Night in 2012... Now, I'm trying to play through again and Galaxy at war is down... give me a break. :\

Message 104 of 179 (1,668 Views)

Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War (PC)

★ Novice

This issue has been on-going for approximately 3 days. I have searched every possible fix, troubleshot on my own, and talked with 3 different Origin advisors, including a 1.5 hour phone call with the help desk today. (It would've gone longer had I not had to go to work.)

The issue is thus: When first booting ME3, my Galaxy at War map on the right hand side of the main menu says at the top "Load Failed. Cannot Connect With Server." and does not display the GaW map below. It also says that it IS connected to the EA servers, and I can play multiplayer just fine with no issues. Even when in game in single player, at the War Room console, it says it cannot display my War map. Now, I know what you all are thinking "Re-sync your profile on the BioWare social sight. Well, I have. And each time I click the re-sync link, the page refreshes and a new message appears saying that my profiles have successfully been sync-ed. However, at the bottom of the page, the red icon telling me I need to re-sync is still there.

I have also deleted Origin, downloaded it again, installed. Same thing. Even after a re-sync. All my games are registered on the original BioWare site. I have cleared the ProgramData Origin folder, as well as the AppData Local and Roaming Origin Folders, checked game installs, checked my internet connection and router, Firewall permissions, Security permissions, canceled background services in Task Manager, even uninstalled and deleted all files for ME3, then reinstalled. I've tried quite a few different tweaks and fixes. And nothing has worked.

I can still play both multiplayer and single player, so this is not detrimental to my gaming, but its useless to play multiplayer if this is not being updated for my whole game. Any ideas, guys??

Message 105 of 179 (1,324 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't see this thread until after I had posted a new one....

Anyway, I've been having the issue for 4 days now. Can play MP fine, Sp works fine, too. But it refuses to load GaW map. I was on the phone with EA help today for a good 1.5 hours, troubleshooting and diagnosing. Our trials turned up....NOTHING. I've tried everything in the book, including a fresh install of literally EVERYTHING ME3 related. Even my ME1 + ME2 games through Steam, just in case. And nada.

EA, I know you guys are trying hard. But a fix would be most welcome.

Message 106 of 179 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can play multiplayer, but Galaxy at War Map gives me "System Offline: Unable to retrieve Galaxy at War status".

Message 107 of 179 (1,583 Views)

★★ Novice

Was going to see if the issue was any better but I can't even log in to origin now to even load the game....

Message 108 of 179 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Adding my voice to the chorus. Can't access the Galaxy at War map.

Message 109 of 179 (1,704 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin also down((( When it will be fixed? Galaxy at War doesn't work almost a month.

Message 110 of 179 (1,615 Views)