Re: Shepard Gets Stuck in Normandy Cockpit

by BotMcNoob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shepard Gets Stuck in Normandy Cockpit

★ Novice

This seems to be a bug introduced within the last couple of patches: Shepard can get stuck on the sloped floor behind Joker's seat on the Normandy, where the two warning labels are. See screenshot for location. Shepard seems to be stuck in some sliding animation. Happens with both male and female Shepard. Only way to recover is by reloading a previous save.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4763/shepstuck.jpg

Message 1 of 7 (38,443 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

This bug has been in the game since launch. There's no fix. Make sure you save every time you enter the cockpit.

If you're on PC and haven't saved in a long time, you can change your location using the save editor. I found this on the old forums:

1) While stuck in cockpit, save your game with a new save slot.
2) Download & install the savegame editor at http://www.moddb.com/games/mass-effect-3/downloads/mass-effect-3-save-editor1 (may require download & installation of MS .NET 4.0 if you don't already have it. )
3) In SaveGame Editor, open the game you saved when you got stuck.
4) Go to the Raw tab, and find '2. Location' in left window. Under it, you should see 'Position'. Select it
5) In right window, set X's value to '100'. This will move Shepherd back a few paces to where you weren't stuck. Save this file.
6) Open new saved game file in ME3 and voila! You are unstuck!

Source (Edit: Source deleted, no saved copy found on archive.org)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (42,257 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

This bug has been in the game since launch. There's no fix. Make sure you save every time you enter the cockpit.

If you're on PC and haven't saved in a long time, you can change your location using the save editor. I found this on the old forums:

1) While stuck in cockpit, save your game with a new save slot.
2) Download & install the savegame editor at http://www.moddb.com/games/mass-effect-3/downloads/mass-effect-3-save-editor1 (may require download & installation of MS .NET 4.0 if you don't already have it. )
3) In SaveGame Editor, open the game you saved when you got stuck.
4) Go to the Raw tab, and find '2. Location' in left window. Under it, you should see 'Position'. Select it
5) In right window, set X's value to '100'. This will move Shepherd back a few paces to where you weren't stuck. Save this file.
6) Open new saved game file in ME3 and voila! You are unstuck!

Source (Edit: Source deleted, no saved copy found on archive.org)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (42,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like to mention that it's much smarter to modify the Y value, which is the up axel, than the X value.

The Y coordinate should be something like -1700. Add about 100 or 200 to it (thus, -1500) and you'll be unstuck.

Message 3 of 7 (38,064 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

It's 2019 and they still haven't fixed this issue, and probably won't.

No other workaround beside mod or reloading save, 

Message 4 of 7 (10,473 Views)

★★ Novice

well, i found other method rather than using me 3 save editor. if u stuck, don’t panic, just save, and load again. but the trick is, when in loading screen, you just need to spam w a s d to move. keep spamming until ur shepard not stuck. hope it works for u, cause it works for me everydamn time.

Message 5 of 7 (7,723 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the save editor method and it didn't work. Spamming WASD worked for me. Thanks @WAR274 !! 

Message 6 of 7 (5,953 Views)

★★ Novice

eyyyy, glad it works for u too bro! then, it’s legit a simple solution rather than using me 3 save editor

Message 7 of 7 (5,936 Views)