Saving problem on Mass effect 3

by tango1765

Original Post

Saving problem on Mass effect 3

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am having some problems with mass effect 3. When I first started the game i tried to save it right after the video in the beginning but it didn't work. It showed that the game has saved because it showed it on screen but other than that it does not have any saves in my load page. I read few of the forum comments and I tried to run as Administrator for the game but it didn't work. I ran origin as administrator and ran the game as administrator also. I'm not sure whether if i should run the game as administrator too but i did anyways and it didn't work. I have to let you guys know that I am running windows 10 and the computer/desktop was built. Initially, I played mass effect 1 and 2 on my laptop but because of the graphic problem I want to play mass effect 3 on the desktop but the save does not work. I apologize for grammar but I'm getting kinda frustrated with why it doesn't work. Everything in the game is fine but I can't SAVE. I wonder what the problem is. Please can someone tell me whats wrong?

Message 1 of 3 (2,274 Views)

Re: Saving problem on Mass effect 3

@tango1765

Do you use onedrive?

Have you moved the default Windows "Documents" folder?

Search your machine for files with the file extension "pcsav".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (2,255 Views)

Re: Saving problem on Mass effect 3

★ Novice

Hi there holger, I've seen many of your replies to people with this problem, you seem to know plenty about this.

I am new to the windows ecosystem and about 2 weeks ago I made the stupid choice of creating a new disc partition then moving my entire windows C drive "documents" folder to the newly created partition (E:\)

That has screwed with all my games. For ME3, I have tried launching it with the -nohomedir and ran both apps with admin. Initially, nohomedir worked and created a save for my newly created character/career in my D drive(where my game is installed) under Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect 3\ save folder. It was able to create save files for the game. But once I launched the game removing -nohomedir it returned back to its previous state — where I could still play and save games for my previous careers but can't create and save any new ones. 

I know now I shouldn't have touched windows stuff.. it's so confusing as I have multiple "Documents".. one that I moved, one inside OneDrive, one in "User". I'm not sure if the one in "User" is even the same as the one that was in C:\ Documents.. I'm wondering which document is the real one that Mass Effect 3 is actually reading, and if there's any way to find out and fix this. I would even revert moving all my documents from Drive E back to C but I don't know if C:\ Documents is there anymore.. I think this would have fixed many problems ^

any help is appreciated, though this game is more than half a decade old. Thanks

Message 3 of 3 (1,890 Views)