Reinstallying Mass Effect 3 on a new comptuer

by woofy70

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reinstallying Mass Effect 3 on a new comptuer

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I would like to find out.  If I setup a new computer system and installs Mass effect 3 there.  Would I loose all the achievements and the leveled characters of my multiplayer ?  

I understand that the information is being backup in cloud.  Would that help ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (1,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reinstallying Mass Effect 3 on a new comptuer

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I just did the very same thing a few days ago.

The multiplayer progress is entirely saved on the EA/BioWare servers dedicated to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. There is no transfer needed at all. It will be there the second you log into multiplayer from the new computer.

The cloud storage feature easily allows you to synchronize your game saves and the achievements to be saved on EA servers as well. When I logged into Mass Effect 3 on my new computer, I had all my saves and the achievements from my old computer, on the new one, without having to transfer any files.

You only have to install the game and enable cloud storage for Mass Effect 3 on your old computer, and it will fix itself! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,024 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Achievements are saved online and on your savegame (I think).

For multiplayer, your progress is saved online on your EA account, so you can reinstall your game on another PC, you'll just have to save your backup.

Message 2 of 6 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I just did the very same thing a few days ago.

The multiplayer progress is entirely saved on the EA/BioWare servers dedicated to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. There is no transfer needed at all. It will be there the second you log into multiplayer from the new computer.

The cloud storage feature easily allows you to synchronize your game saves and the achievements to be saved on EA servers as well. When I logged into Mass Effect 3 on my new computer, I had all my saves and the achievements from my old computer, on the new one, without having to transfer any files.

You only have to install the game and enable cloud storage for Mass Effect 3 on your old computer, and it will fix itself! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 6 (2,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you all for your reply

Message 4 of 6 (1,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about campaign progress?

Message 5 of 6 (1,327 Views)

@Milanovik

Campaign progress is saved on your local system and in the cloud. (If you have this feature enabled inside Origin)

The safest thing would be to make a copy of the save games folder, (Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 3\Save) on the old machine, and copy the "Save" folder back to the "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 3" folder on the new machine after it got created. (After you started the game for the first time on that machine.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 6 (1,307 Views)