Rebought game on Steam and it won't even launch

by thedogboat333

Original Post

Rebought game on Steam and it won't even launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Heya,

I've owned ME3 on Origin for about five years now, but I decided to rebuy it when it game back out on Steam. I wasn't planning on playing it anytime soon, but I figure I'd launch it to test it out and prep for another playthrough later on. However, when I clicked launch, it refused to do anything. Origin seemed to refresh and my friends list said I was playing it, but the game didn't pop up or anything.

I've already tried:

Reinstalling the game on Steam

Reinstalling Origin

Disabling the overlay (in the Origin app and in the settings for the game)

Relaunching it multiple times.

I don't have Afterburner and I played the game last within the last two months perfectly fine. My specs should be more than capable of handling the game, so it can't be that. I'm getting to my rope's end, and I heard some people had an issue that if they refund this, then they're told to rebuy it on Origin, even if they already owned it before. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (1,163 Views)

Re: Rebought game on Steam and it won't even launch

★★★ Newbie

I had similar problem with ME2. Maybe this help. Before launching game from steam, try launch origin as administrator, and only after game itself.

Message 2 of 4 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem. Uninstalled the game then Origin. Deleted all Origin folders on the system under:

C:\ProgramData\Origin and

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Origin and

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Origin and

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts .

Then reinstalled the game from Steam and it was fine. Some people reported that only deleting C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License fixed it but I did not try that.

Message 3 of 4 (1,010 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Deleting the license did indeed work for me. I just deleted it without unistalling the game or origin. Just delete it and try to launch it again. If people have the same issue, my advice is to try that first (because it is faster than reinstalling everything).

Message 4 of 4 (983 Views)