Re: Mass Effect 3 will not launch

by Holger1405

Original Post

★ Novice

What we could do is beside the point.  EA support directed me this page for support - my reply was  to them. 

On the other hand, if you can run a piece of software through a test with library validation in two minutes - that is pretty good, it would take me an hour to figure out how to set up the IDE with the overlays, I don't do it that often.  If you mean run a virus check...well ...

But you are right, I've spent enough time trying to get an old game to work - I'm bagging it.

I didn't mean any offense to you though - thanks for the effort.

Val

Message 11 of 13 (344 Views)

Hero

@Holger1405 wrote:

Ok, try this:

Go here and download the "awc.dll" and the "EACore.dll"

@Holger1405 How do these dll files differ from the ones already in place? Or is the issue here that those dll files are somehow missing and the link above leads to the originals?

I personally would think twice before downloading a dll file from an unknown source. Last time I downloaded a dll it was to get grass in Knights of the Old Republic on a modern PC. I was in an adventurous mood.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 13 (331 Views)

Hi @Fred_vdp

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Or is the issue here that those dll files are somehow missing and the link above leads to the originals?

No, that are patched dlls.

The problem is that for some reason (Virus scanner, firewall problem, system specific configuration, corrupted dll, missing or false registry entry's, etcetera, the reason can very on different systems.) the original dlls are crashing when called and therefore, executed in the same memory space as the calling executable, crashing this executable. "MassEffect3.exe" for the "Awc.dll" and "EACoreServer.exe" for the "EA.core.dll"   

Fred_vdp wrote

I personally would think twice before downloading a dll file from an unknown source. Last time I downloaded a dll it was to get grass in Knights of the Old Republic on a modern PC. I was in an adventurous mood.

I would also think twice (and a third time after that), unless it is a source that is present for a long time, obliviously used by a lot of people without any complains and presented by a moderator that has some experience in helping. Wink

It is of course always wise to be cautious, but imho there is a difference between caution and paranoia.

But as said, it is everyone's prerogative to make her/his own decision. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 13 (315 Views)