Re: Mass Effect 3 will not launch

by engel5

Original Post

★ Apprentice

here is my error report Faulting application name: MassEffect3.exe, version: 1.5.5427.124, time stamp: 0x50d4cab0
Faulting module name: awc.dll, version: 3.2.4.10, time stamp: 0x4f137170
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000806e7
Faulting process id: 0x2d98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d388a25536be2d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\binaries\Win32\MassEffect3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\binaries\Win32\Core\awc.dll
Report Id: 4c377298-0702-483b-adfc-f50755403196
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 1 of 13 (1,502 Views)

@engel5

Ok, try this:

Go here and download the "awc.dll" and the "EACore.dll"

Close Origin. (right click at the Task Bar icon > Exit)

Navigate to ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\Core" and rename the "awc.dll" and the "EACore.dll" to "old_awc.dll" and "Old_EACore.dll"

Move the new "awc.dll" and "EACore.dll" files from the place you saved them into the directory listed above.

Start Origin > Test the Game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 13 (1,484 Views)

★ Apprentice

Had the same problem too here is my error report

Message 3 of 13 (1,471 Views)

@engel5

Yes, I know, the posts above is my answer to your first post.
Please try what I suggested.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 13 (1,530 Views)

[ Edited ]

@engel5

in response to this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/Can-t-get-ME-3-to-run/m-p/6590710/highlight/true#M25281

Yes, you should copy and paste the DLLs to the location I mentioned above.

Message 5 of 13 (1,394 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 crashes on start

★ Apprentice

try it didn't work orgin keeps popping up

Message 6 of 13 (1,339 Views)

@engel5

I might suggest you start a thread detailing exactly what your issue is, post a DxDiag file as well just in case.  The reason I suggest this is I have seen your posts in several different threads seemingly covering several different issues.  It is hard to figure out which exactly is your issue, and what you have or have not done to get the game to work.  So a central post with the needed information to help you would be a great idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 13 (1,328 Views)

@engel5

I merged the post of the other thread into this one which obtains your most detailed error report.

I would suggest that you follow @mcsupersport recommendation and also to tell us exactly what you already tried to solve this issue.

Anything else would be a guessing game and therefore a waste of time for us all.

Message 8 of 13 (1,308 Views)

★ Novice

You are suggesting I download two .DLL's for an application that runs as a Service with Admin rights on my PC, from an anonymous  "onedrive.live.com", from an Anonymous user, who isn't an EA employee.

I'd fire an employee for following those directions without a second thought.

If that's EA's attitude to security, I'm glad I never gave them any account information.

Regards,

Val - CISSP (Certified Information Security System Professional), CSO

Message 9 of 13 (1,162 Views)

@j378sdsdfgbuiops

@j378sdsdfgbuiops wrote:

You are suggesting I download two .DLL's for an application that runs as a Service with Admin rights on my PC, from an anonymous  "onedrive.live.com", from an Anonymous user, who isn't an EA employee.

Yes, I suggested that!

In the other thread....

I'd fire an employee for following those directions without a second thought.

If that's EA's attitude to security, I'm glad I never gave them any account information.

Regards,

Val - CISSP (Certified Information Security System Professional), CSO

It is your prerogative to do whatever you want, after all its you that can't get ME3 to run, not even with this impressive title you claim to have.

What I know, as a system administrator with over 25 years of experience, is that it should be easy for someone like you to determine if the DLLs on my onedrive account are dangerous or not.

I could find that out in two minutes, without in-dangering my system.

Furthermore, I don't know why you bring EA into this.
This is a player help player forum, if you don't want the help we provide here as private persons who aren't associated with EA in any way, (and who brought a lot of other players back into their games without attacking their systems. Wink ) I would suggest to try your luck elsewhere.

Message 10 of 13 (1,158 Views)