Rannoch Reaper

by DarkGrumpyFox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rannoch Reaper

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So then few years ago I didn't had any issues to kill that reaper on rannoch. Now no matter how hard I try to avoid that reaper's laser it still follows my Shepard and kills him. It's as if laser avoiding doesn't count.  Any ideas how to solve this?

Message 1 of 7 (1,337 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rannoch Reaper

If you're using Origin you could try repairing the game.

SD Signature Banner

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,590 Views)

All Replies

As I recall you have to wait until the laser hits the ground before you move, otherwise it'll follow you.

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 7 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It did hit the ground, but laser still follows me. Confused

Message 3 of 7 (1,328 Views)

From the Mass Effect Wiki - Priority: Rannoch
------------------

The other key is that the Reaper's aim is based on what you are doing when it starts firing, so if you make sure you're standing still until the beam appears, it won't "lead" you as much.

Note that on Casual, you don't have to do this twice. As soon as the beam touches ground, sprint to the side, turn, and fire. The Reaper will finish the attack, recharge, and try again. It won't make it. By the time the beam reaches you, you'll finish targeting and it will be hit from orbit. You only have to move once for every beam.

On insanity, it feels like the beam is faster, and being even close to the beam insta-kills you. As a result, you'll need to make wider sprints, corner to corner, giving you less time to fire. Same strategy applies, keep running, stand still, fire for eye. Except run further, corner to corner. As soon as Reaper starts firing, sprint, turn, fire. Tip: Performing a dive-roll as the last part of your sprints will help you get turned toward the reaper more quickly. Also, the beam only moves toward you, and does not double back. You can therefore sprint to the side and head toward the Reaper. Once the beam is behind you, you are safe.

------------------

Think I ended up adjusting my settings to casual last time I did this battle and then turning the settings up after.

SD Signature Banner

Message 4 of 7 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No matter what I do or don't do laser still follows me and kills me. I noticed that this game has glitches, which I didn't saw about 3 years ago, when I played it last time and I also noticed some changes. Feels like they screwed up this game in these last years while I wasn't playing it.

Message 5 of 7 (1,308 Views)

If you're using Origin you could try repairing the game.

SD Signature Banner

Message 6 of 7 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for reminding me that there's repair option in origin. Repair option solved the issue. Standard smile  

Message 7 of 7 (1,291 Views)