Re: Problem with the purchase of BioWare points

by Metatron58

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a...weird problem. I go in to purchase the DLC i want, and i select the item, it asks for what platform I want to purchase my dlc, and I select pc.

Then the grey box does...ntohing. It goes empty and just sits there, doing nothing. Having purchased all the dlc I desired for ME2 and never having received this issue I'm not sure what the problem is or what to do.

It just looks like the game doesn't want to bother giving me the DLC, which is concerning since I adore the mass effect series, and wish to play ME3 to its fullest.

Message 21 of 37 (5,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

i'm also seeing the same problem. If you want to purchase DLC for xbox for PSN it brings up a new window but I can't select PC. I have tried two different browsers and nothing. Anyone from EA feel like fixing this?

Message 22 of 37 (5,435 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this exact problem. Bought Bioware points on the website, BSN shows the points that I have, but when I try to buy DLC from the website (here, specifically: http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-dlc) I can't click the PC option to download the content. The box just does nothing, or goes grey. When I go into Origin to buy the DLC, it says I have zero, while BSN says I have over 1000. Someone please tell me how to get this DLC so I don't feel like I've been robbed...

Message 23 of 37 (5,418 Views)

Re: Origin, the problem with the purchase BioWare points through paypal

★★★★ Novice

The solution was not a solution for me.   I was able to purchase the Bioware points, but still recive the same error on the origin client and the socialbioware site when trying to spend the points on the DLC.

Message 24 of 37 (5,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Buying through EA/Origin also has it's Problems. I bought 800 Bioware points and got the same error message on 11/15/2014 and the problem has not been fixed yet today is 12/02/2014 I can not use the points. I called EA/Bioware and was told "The problem is being looked at by the Tech. department.

Message 25 of 37 (4,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This problem has been going on for quite awhile now. I've contacted tech support several times and the answer is always the same:"We're working on it." Hate to say it, but it may never get solved. I'm sure I'm with many players who have bioware points they are unable to spend.

Message 26 of 37 (4,894 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't buy Bioware points, I can't purchase anything in the Origin shop, I've tried paypal and multi8ple cards and nothing works.  I've raised the issue by support and they're no help.  I think something's fundamentally broken and nobody's telling us anything.

I would really like to start a second runthrough of ME3 right now with the DLC, but I can't buy it.

Message 27 of 37 (4,820 Views)

★ Novice

this is still a major issue, i can find no way at all to get the DLC period. i dont see why they dont just convert them to $ ammounts instead of bioware points at this point

Message 28 of 37 (4,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is apparently STILL a problem. I've tried over and over via different platforms (EA store, EA social network, both Mass Effect and Dragon Age pages, through the Origin website, and even through the Origin application) with different payment methods, both credit card and PayPal, and I only get error messages that tell me that EA cannot process my order at this time, and to try again later. It's almost like EA doesn't want to take my money!

Message 29 of 37 (4,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA have to be one of the more incompetent companies in the world.

For example: People who bought the standard edition of NHL 13 and liked the game so much that they bought the Stanely Cup edition of the same game: The redeem code for the Stanley Cup content dont work. Its a knows EA problem and they are still working on it! I guess that they online servers will be closed before the problem is solved.

Now to the bioware points:

I want to buy some DLC. 

But Origin/EA loves geoblocking/locking/and incompetence. 

(and here we have the famous Origin geolocation bug: If you are like me in Thailand: everything is in Thai. No way to change to English or the installed language of Origin.

When I try to buy Bioware points. Instead of Thai bath, EA wants dollars. I press checkout: "failure: You account dont match the currency". No s.... Sherlock? A currency that EA have chosen for me!  Now EA is kind: They change currency to my Bioware accounts currency. Failure since it does not match the local currency. A currency I cant change. 

EA forces me to pay with dollar. It is not accepted because my Bioware account is registered in Sweden. But I cant pay with Swedish currency since I am in Thailand. I cant pay with Thai bath since I cant change the currency anywhere! (and why is Origin stuff 25% more expensive in Thailand than Sweden where Sweden have 25% VAT and Thailand 0%? It should be the other way around. On Steam for example EU/Thai prices correct  = 50% cheaper in Thailand since no taxes) 

Do EA/Origin/Bioware understand why Piracy is popular? I can just click on the magnet of the stuff I want and have it in minutes. Just because I want to pay = I cant because of triple different currencies, geo-location and so on.  Do EA have any self criticism? Nope. No culture for excellence. I would be ashamed working there  (and would be fired in days since I demand excellence in the IT company I work for. Some thing for example Banks and large oil companies seems to like. Perfection. Not accepting incompetence)

I would guess that I have to take an airplane to USA to be able to buy Bioware points. "That seems reasonable c/o EA support". 

Cant support just give me a licence to pirate some DLC for Mass Effect 2? A written consent and my case would be solved. (and even better: Imagine if EA/Bioware could see that I have bought this DLC on other platforms and offer it for free on PC. "Cross play"?  I am a dream customer buying the same content triple time and when Mass Effect Remastered is released it will be a fourth time. Lucas would be proud over this over milking releasing the same content. (and its great content = why I want to buy it) 

Message 30 of 37 (4,475 Views)