Re: Please fix the loud sound effect bugs

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Please fix the loud sound effect bugs

★★★ Newbie

I'd really like to hear a developer acknowledgement of this bug already.  It's been broken since launch, and it can be very irritating to deal with.

The following sounds are bugged and play at full volume regardless of the volume settings selected by the user (even if they put 0%)

- Dark Channel

- Collectors becoming possessed

- Possessed Collectors dying

- Slam (I think?)

- Certain grenades (although I can't remember which)

Happens in both single player (with Javik) and multiplayer.   Many people want their sound effects lower than their main volume, for various reasons (such as voice chat)... yet those sound effects blast at full volume whenever they're triggered.

I've seen a bunch of people post about this in the past, and there was never a response or bug fix.  I've seen both PC and XBOX report this.

If there is a real workaround to fix this (and I don't mean by putting all sound volume to 100%, because that's unacceptable), please let me know.

Anyone else who is experiencing this problem, feel free to drop a reply in also.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Guide

In the Single Player campaign, any time I use a Mass Effect Relay, I have to first turn my volume down/off, then try to adjust it to it's pre-altered levels.

The cutscene is too loud and not skippable, which does not work out well for late nights and sleeping spouses.

An option to decrease the Banshee shriek would be good to, for similar reasons.  (Very well done sound effect, but do not make for good nursery rhymes)

Single Player:

-Mass Relay cutscenes

Single Player and Multiplayer:

-Banshee Wails

Message 2 of 5 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump

Message 3 of 5 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still happening 6 years later

Message 4 of 5 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The game was released over six years ago, and the last patch was released over five years ago.  There will not be any more updates.  Ever.

Also, you do know that when you post here you are not talking to BioWare, EA, Sony, or Microsoft, right?  The AHQ is for player-to-player  technical self-help and game-play discussions.  We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

Message 5 of 5 (1,066 Views)