Re: [PC] Sanctuary Hallway Crash

by holger1405

Original Post

[PC] Sanctuary Hallway Crash

★ Novice

I am playing my first run in just over a year and am experiencing a freeze at the doorway just after reaching the "search the perimeter" objective, you probably know the one. I have attempted other fixes, including turning on windowed, turning off AA and dynamic shadows, checked my drivers, used the repair tool and reinstalled twice, all with no effect. This is the first time I have encountered this issue, despite having maybe a couple dozen playthroughs on my previous pc. Restarting didnt help either.

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ShuffleMeAzir

There is a newer driver for your Gtx 1060 available. Download it from here.

Install the graphic driver this way:

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background. (including your virus scanners real time protection)
• shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Run the installation EXE > CUSTOM mode > preform a clean installation > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

(don't deselect components you need even if the have the same version number, the installation program will de-install them if you do)
• Reboot > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (621 Views)

★ Novice

Updated drivers as per instructions, no dice

Message 3 of 6 (605 Views)

@ShuffleMeAzir

Disable "Origin in game" > Test.

If that don't helps preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (594 Views)

★ Novice
still crashing in that same spot
Message 5 of 6 (581 Views)

@ShuffleMeAzir

The "AppHangB1" error displayed by your DxDiag for ME3 is often due to driver or hardware problems.

But there is not enough information to make any educated guess why the crash is really happen. To (maybe) get this info we would need a crash dump:

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Left click on "PowerShell (Administrator)" or "Command Prompt (Administrator)
  • In the PowerShell or Command prompt window, at the prompt, copy and paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" (Without the quotes).
  • Hit "ENTER" (The success of the action should be displayed)
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Into the new windows, copy and paste: "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotes) > Hit "ENTER"
  • Load the Mass Effect 3 dump (*.dmp) up to a free file hosting website. ("Dropbox" or "OneDrive" for example) and post the link here.

You can revert the automatic crash dump creation by running this command: "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" (Without the quotes) in an elevated PowerShell or Command Prompt session.

Message 6 of 6 (552 Views)