[PC] Mass effect 3 Multiplayer bug

by Lunaellei

Original Post

[PC] Mass effect 3 Multiplayer bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi so i was asked by ea support to make this post to report a bug, after this i will also send a bug report directly to them.

So me and my fiance want to play mass effect together but for some reason we have never been able to unless were on the same network, this causes problems since we currently don't live together. we have been in contact with the support and their response was basically that we have tried everything they ask us to do, even more with no sucess. My fiance wrote down a great list of things we have tried in the link provided.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/Unable-to-connect-with-friend-s-game-in-Mass-Effect-3/m-p/77... )

To summarize the things we have done:

- We tried inviting and joining outside of the origin overlay, which didn't work, inviting with the overlay doesn't work either.

- We tried to remove eachother as friends on origin and then logging out and then logging back in to add eachother and invite to a game, this didn't work either.

- We have tried turning off the computer and restarting the computer and invite eachother, didn't work either.

- We have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game with no sucess

- repairing the game doesn't work either

- we have factory reset our computers which sucks but this didn't solve the problem either, later the support told us this wasn't needed (crap)

- We have tried to disable both the firewall and anti virus programs and then tried to invite eachother and that didn't work.

- we have tried letting both origin and mass effect run as administrator.

- we have tried using DMZ but that didn't work either

- portforwarding 3659 doesn't work either

- we have also cleared the cache for origin.

So this is all the things we have tried to do.

here comes the weird part, when we are under the same network she can invite me and i can press the button to join the game and we can play as normal, but when i try to invite her into my lobby she always gets a message "unable to connect to friend" so if we want to play together she has to be the one that creates a lobby, while we have the same network.

Is there anyone that might know what to do?

Message 1 of 3 (1,034 Views)

Re: [PC] Mass effect 3 Multiplayer bug

★★★ Newbie

you solved it?

Message 2 of 3 (643 Views)

Re: [PC] Mass effect 3 Multiplayer bug

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect 3, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 3 of 3 (623 Views)