PC Mass Effect 3 now requires Online Pass

by Izzybie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC Mass Effect 3 now requires Online Pass

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I click to join multiplayer, a message says "An Online Pass is required to access online features of the game". I used to be able to play it fine about a year ago. I'm not sure if it's connected, but when I bought some dlc recently, I got this error message. I can play singleplayer just fine.

I have already contacted someone in live chat, who took me through several troubleshooting steps. In the end, they recommended I make a topic here because they said ME3 is an unsupported game. I would like to get some help with this, if that's possible.

Message 1 of 4 (2,172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC Mass Effect 3 now requires Online Pass

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Izzybie wrote:

I have already contacted someone in live chat, who took me through several troubleshooting steps. In the end, they recommended I make a topic here because they said ME3 is an unsupported game. I would like to get some help with this, if that's possible.

The support agent is one hundred percent wrong. This is a fairly common issue that support agents should be able to fix on their end. It's a problem with account entitlements and no one here on the forum can help you with that. You should try contacting support again and hopefully you'll get in touch with someone who's more experienced.

The PC version never even required an online pass in the first place, which was a console exclusive measure to prevent the sale of used copies.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,087 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Izzybie wrote:

The support agent is one hundred percent wrong. This is a fairly common issue that support agents should be able to fix on their end. It's a problem with account entitlements and no one here on the forum can help you with that. You should try contacting support again and hopefully you'll get in touch with someone who's more experienced.

The PC version never even required an online pass in the first place, which was a console exclusive measure to prevent the sale of used copies.

Message 2 of 4 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Fred_vdp
I thought as much. I even left a link to an retired community manager saying what the problem was, but two out of the three support advisors said they couldn't do anything (I couldn't get in contact with the last one again), as it was an unsupported game. I suppose they were thinking a community manager would see this and help. I'll try again, but I'm starting to think it'll be near impossible to get this fixed.

Editing my post as I don't want to double post. It looks like I spoke too soon about it "impossible to get fixed". On my sixth overall support agent, it finally got sorted out. It seems most support agents say the game is unsupported and just direct people to the forums to post, but I did finally run into one that knew what to do! So if anyone else has this problem and is getting frustrated, just keep trying. It may take you several support agents before you get to one that knows how to fix it. Vikas is the support agent who helped me and it took about 40min to fix.

Message 3 of 4 (2,076 Views)

Hero

I don't see how the game can be unsupported since it was made by an EA studio and has a page on EA's help site. It sounds like code for "I don't know what to do, but company policy says I'm not allowed to admit it."

Message 4 of 4 (2,038 Views)