Re: [PC] Mass Effect 3 Refusing to Launch

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Mass Effect 3 Refusing to Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought Mass effect 3 on Steam, has some difficulty playing it but eventually got origin to play nice and got back into the game I used to play on ps3. 

Without me changing anything, no new DLC purchased, no updates or changes in software on my laptop,  it wont run. When I select for it to play on steam it opens Origin but opens it up to the homepage and does not play ME3. It used to open up a small origin window before opening the game tab. Now no ME3 tab opens. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my computer a bunch of times. I've followed threads and noting is helping. 

when the problem occured i was able to run the game by going into programs and running the application from there but now that also leads to Origin opening (or refreshing if origin is already open) and no game.

Please help.

Message 1 of 9 (1,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SSJDragonDM 

Try this:

• Make sure Origin and Steam are closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Move the "License" folder to your desktop.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,322 Views)

All Replies

@SSJDragonDM 

Try this:

• Make sure Origin and Steam are closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Move the "License" folder to your desktop.
  • Test.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 9 (1,323 Views)

★ Novice

I too have been having this problem... I am becoming very frustrated at the lack of work being done to fix this problem...

I am an Great fan of the Mass Effect Franchise and have played all the games, and even am Currently Writing some Fan Fiction on blogger. And yet whenever I wish to play Mass Effect 3! on my laptop during my spare time from work... well...

The other two games worked perfectly fine and still work perfectly fine, M.E.3 is the only one facing this problem, I have tried numerous fix attempts and yet the problem continues.

I was enjoying the game for three to four days until this issue came around. I have no answers to the question of what to do, I have been everywhere, I have searched Youtube, I have searched E.A help, I have searched supportive fan sites for the fix and yet nothing, ALL OTHER STEAM RELATED GAMES WORK EXCEPT THIS ONE... E.A.....

FIX YOUR GAME NOW BEFORE WE ALL BECOME VERY ANGRY WITH YOU AND MAKE DEMANDS BIGGER THAN THIS!

yours in Support and Friendship

A Fan

Message 3 of 9 (1,319 Views)

★ Novice

I attempted your Fix.... No change what so ever... 

The game continued its repetition of Opening Origin and not starting.

Message 4 of 9 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405 

EDIT: That worked! So apparently you are better than EA support! mind me asking why that works? (I'm not massively tech savvy)

_____original reply:

After a lot of hours of moving stuff around and restarting/reinstalling things the EA helpers said it was an issue with origin and I should just watch for an update from their twitter...

Thank you for trying to help though, I see you all over these forum putting out peoples fires and its much appreciated.

Message 5 of 9 (1,309 Views)

@SSJDragonDM 

Thanks! Standard smile

Apparently EA support was not that wrong, It is an Origin problem. Wink

It seems that what is in the "License" folder and what Origin expected to be in the "License" folder if you launch from Steam don't match.

Message 6 of 9 (1,297 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@holger1405 Thank you, this helped me play Mass Effect 3 in 2021. I appreciate it.
Message 7 of 9 (816 Views)

@GFXGamerGiirl 

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 9 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you; it worked =) ...after I spent over 3 hours installing, uninstalling, re-downloading, and re-installing ME3

Message 9 of 9 (734 Views)