[PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in base game

by QuadeAmador

Original Post

Betreff: [PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in b

@QuadeAmador 

Do you have a "Repair" function now?

Here you can find the story parts that take place at the Holding Area. (Some spoilers included of course.)
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Docks:_Holding_Area

Please preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 14 (782 Views)

Betreff: [PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in b

★★★ Novice

Still no option to repair, clean booting did nothing either. Some post from years back suggested that it might be due to trying to access it while on the citadel and that, if you visited it prior can just enter it directly from the Normandy when entering. Since I can't enter with that method, given I haven't gotten into the area in the first place, is there perhaps some sort of mod or even console command I could try to teleport me into the area?

Message 12 of 14 (753 Views)

@QuadeAmador 

The missing repair function is a clear indicator that there is a problem with your ME3 installation, that might or might not, also be responsible for the main problem here.

QuadeAmador  schrieb:

Some post from years back suggested that it might be due to trying to access it while on the citadel and that, if you visited it prior can just enter it directly from the Normandy when entering. Since I can't enter with that method, given I haven't gotten into the area in the first place, is there perhaps some sort of mod or even console command I could try to teleport me into the area?

You can try, but the consol command does nothing different than the main command in game does. And I doubt that the command is broken, it looks like a deeper lying issue.

And then the console command would not change anything.

How you enable the consol is described here.

Here is a guide for the "teleport" command.

I am not at home and only on my laptop, but the Area code for the Docks should be "BioP_CitHub". (If I remember correctly.)

So the command should be "at BioP_CitHub" (Without the quotes)

Here is a different approach that imho has more chances of success.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 14 (739 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay so don't ask me how, but I decided to reinstall the game yet again after noticing another issue using my own copy off Origin. For whatever reason, the repair function returned, I used it and now I can access the area just fine.

I appreciate the effort you've put into helping me, it's a shame I don't know exactly what caused it though, for anyone looking here in the future for answers.
Message 14 of 14 (3,179 Views)