[PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in base game

by QuadeAmador

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in base game

★★★ Novice

As the title says, I'm having an issue when I try to access the aforementioned area. I can access every other area of the game just fine (at least that I've tried so far) but whenever I try to take the elevator to it while on the citadel, it'll go to a load screen and remain fine for a few seconds before the animation on said load screen invariably freezes, only to crash to desktop a few seconds later. I've tried a fresh install of the game, running no mods or anything. Hell, since it was an issue in the base game I tried without any DLC either though the result is always the same of the loading screen freezing followed by a crash. Searching online for the issue only brings me to years-old discussions for the PS3 version of the game, which are of no help as the solution they offer is nonexistent on PC.

I've attached both my DxDiag and Reliability Monitor thing to this post, thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 14 (2,669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: [PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in b

★★★ Novice
Okay so don't ask me how, but I decided to reinstall the game yet again after noticing another issue using my own copy off Origin. For whatever reason, the repair function returned, I used it and now I can access the area just fine.

I appreciate the effort you've put into helping me, it's a shame I don't know exactly what caused it though, for anyone looking here in the future for answers.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (3,178 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: [PC] Crashing when trying to access Docks: Holding Area on Citadel in b

@QuadeAmador 

Disable Origin in game > Test.

Did you tried to repair the game? (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair) 
I know you installed fresh, do it anyway if you did not tried before. 

If that don't helps, you GPU driver is several months old, I would recommand a clean installation of the newest one.

Install the graphic driver this way:

• Download the driver from NVIDIA. (Don't use Geforce experience.)

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background. (including your virus scanners real time protection)
• shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Run the installation EXE > CUSTOM mode > preform a clean installation > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

(don't deselect components you need even if the have the same version number, the installation program will de-install them if you do)
• Reboot > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 14 (2,649 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the advice, though unfortunately nothing you suggested seems to have helped. Oddly enough though, Origin doesn't give me the option to repair the game. Other games yes, though not Mass Effect 3 for some reason. I've attached a screenshot to this post, the option simply doesn't display. I'm really hoping it's not an issue with this save, I've imported it all the way from 1 and would hate for it to be corrupt or something, though given it's only this one area? I'm also not sure about that.

Message 3 of 14 (2,641 Views)

@QuadeAmador 

You are the second within a few days for which the repair function is not available.

Please preform the same steps as in this post. > Test.

I will talk to an EA CM to find out if there is a problem with the ME3 installation.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 14 (2,624 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @QuadeAmador 

Can I ask which Origin version are you currently using? Wondering You can check it by going into Help -> About. I'm trying to figure out why the repair option is not available for ME3 in your app.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 14 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

Version 10.5.36.23506 - 0. I'll be trying to do a hard reinstall of Origin like suggested earlier regardless though.

However, in regards to my main issue, I've tried a completely different copy of the game entirely to no avail - the issue still remains. At this point, I'm thinking it might be related to the save itself, although I hope not. I'm gonna be starting a new one up tonight to try and progress to the same area to see if anything changes. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,600 Views)

★★★ Novice
Update: Speedran my way through the first while of the game, attempted to access the same area with a new save entirely. No luck, seems to be an issue with the game itself then.
Message 7 of 14 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]

@QuadeAmador 

What do you mean with a entirely new copy?  A fresh download?

Did you do the Origin re-installation?

Do you have a "Repair" option now? (If so use it, it clears files a fresh installation does not)

Message 8 of 14 (2,584 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 Friend had a physical copy, I borrowed it to install from to try and see if that might change anything. Like I said though, nothing changed when trying to access the area with that installation.

I have not done the hard reinstall yet, been somewhat preoccupied and haven't had a lot of time to do such. I'll try and get that done tonight though.
Message 9 of 14 (2,574 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay, so I'm a bit late but as it turns out, reinstalling Origin the hard way did nothing. I'm really not sure what to do now, does anything majorly important to the game's story happen in that area? Since it's just that and if the answer is no, I'm willing to skip it I suppose.
Message 10 of 14 (2,537 Views)