Origin points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Re: Origin points

★★★ Newbie

Well uplay > give upoints for achivments > these can be spent for bying diffrent stuff to diffrent games =) so atleast they'r doing somtingf with it

Message 11 of 21 (2,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went to this, but site does not work.

Message 12 of 21 (1,979 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I feel like they should be used to buy in game items or maybe games like sim points they could each be worth 1 cent and let's say you have 500 you get like $5 dollars off any purchase on origin or like get a discount

Message 13 of 21 (1,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I wondered the same. I decided one day to get most of the achievements,  I wanted to buy Mass Effect 3 Citadel Dlc...  I was sooo happy when I got 1200 that was needed, and went to get it. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realized I needed Bioware and NOT Origin points... Whats the point of Origin points, if it is only decorative.. I guess some people like to decorate..

Message 14 of 21 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sandritica wrote:

I wondered the same. I decided one day to get most of the achievements,  I wanted to buy Mass Effect 3 Citadel Dlc...  I was sooo happy when I got 1200 that was needed, and went to get it. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realized I needed Bioware and NOT Origin points... Whats the point of Origin points, if it is only decorative.. I guess some people like to decorate..

At first I think the same. Without checking first that it is not the same thing, bioware points and origin points....Angry

Hope they will do something about it soon.

Message 15 of 21 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Don't Build your hopes up lads, They are still Ironing out the Bugs on Battlefield 3 lol

Message 16 of 21 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

2016 and still nothing. Big fat useless nothing. It would be nice to use those point. Or have ability to trade them. Say like 5 Origin points for 1 BioWare point, I would love some ME2 and 3 DLCs, or something like that. Otherwise it's just useless. Sure I can pat myself on the back that I have so many points, but what of it? Nothing. And I have a feeling, that there is nothing going to be done about it. Shame. A real shame.

Message 17 of 21 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Uplay at least has some cool in game stuff you can get with points. Hopefully Origin plans on the same kind of thing.

Message 18 of 21 (918 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @BrianLEDET 

Interesting ideas you have there! Care to share any more of them with us? We have this new Origin community going here, discussing all things Origin-related. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 19 of 21 (895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@monsieurconnard wrote:

For more details:

https://help.ea.com/article/achievements-and-origin-points

That link did not work anymore.

I found a new one: [https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-faq#tracking] A QUICKSTART GUIDE TO ORIGIN - Tracking achivements and points.

So it seems that these Origin point may not be activated at this time?

Message 20 of 21 (886 Views)