Origin points

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin points

★★★ Guide

Hi Folks,

In the top right of my Origin screen, under my Monika and next to my avatar, appears 500. When I click on it I get my achievements in ME3 and my Origin Points collected. Firstly, what am I supposed to do with these points? Secondly, I think there may have been a glitch with my points as I ran all 6 character types all the way through ME2, imported them all into ME3 and went some way before the first of 2 copies of ME3 I had been allotted, dissapeared, taking 5 of my hard earned characters with it! Guess how happy I was? I'm kind of resigned to not being able to sort out my missing characters, as I don't seem able to contact actual REAL people at EA or Origin, just dumb computers.

So, given that I've been granted 500 of these blessed points, what can I do with them?

Message 1 of 21 (53,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin points

Hero

Those points are just a score. There's nothing you can do with it.

Can't help you with the second question because I'm not sure what you're asking.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (56,315 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Those points are just a score. There's nothing you can do with it.

Can't help you with the second question because I'm not sure what you're asking.

Message 2 of 21 (56,316 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 3 of 21 (53,581 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will the origin points ever be used for anything??? if not what is the point of them.

The achievements for a game can be seen in game and reward you with upgrades, ie weopans, scopes, camos etc,  so why do we need others with no reward. 

Message 4 of 21 (51,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

monsieurconnard wrote:

For more details:

https://help.ea.com/article/achievements-and-origin-points

That link doesn't lead anywhere. I was following a link next to my points from my origin interface that led to the forums but did not link to anything helpful as to what they were saying they were planning on doing with the Origin points. Funny since they say they are planning on doing something exciting with them in the future but provide a link that doesn't address that statement.

Message 5 of 21 (46,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"Those points are just a score. There's nothing you can do with it."

Awesome! I love useless, worthless **bleep**, to show off.... to no one at all.

Message 6 of 21 (42,042 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yes, exactly, they say 'This is just the beginning—big plans for achievements and Origin Points are in the works, so stay tuned' and have a link that leads to the search bar on the ea help site, even typing in 'origin points' didnt come up with anything

Message 7 of 21 (41,692 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

One year later and they still haven't done anything with these points. Is this a sick joke?

Message 8 of 21 (40,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BONGweed420Nugz wrote:

One year later and they still haven't done anything with these points. Is this a sick joke?

It's the same everywhere,whether you're on Xbox Live or Steam. Achievements give you bragging rights and an excuse to play the games in a different ways. There are very few games I know of where achievements are actually useful. Mass Effect and Team Fortress 2 come to mind. Nintendo gives you stamps, but there's not much you can do with those either.

Message 9 of 21 (40,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@UKPhoenix wrote:

Will the origin points ever be used for anything??? if not what is the point of them.

The achievements for a game can be seen in game and reward you with upgrades, ie weopans, scopes, camos etc,  so why do we need others with no reward. 

I figure teh one good use of achievements is if you are playing a sandbox game like The Sims, SimCity etc, it gives those games a bit more gameplay when you unlock achievements.

Message 10 of 21 (38,144 Views)