Re: Origin Won't Let Me Install Mass Effect 3 From The Disc!

by rKg_hitscan

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

Annoying or not, don't make any assumptions that stand in the way of a solution.  This is not an Official Support function, and is not the gateway to reach any Game Advisers.  The post immediately above yours was written by someone who had ignored all of the disclaimers all around and decided that he / she was in the Official Bitching Department here.  He / she was quite wrong. 

Message 11 of 44 (3,171 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So here I am, same problem... and its 6 months after the game came out... Piss poor EA... F-ing Piss poor support.

Message 12 of 44 (3,020 Views)

★★ Pro

Yes, here you are complaining about something for 6 months, that has been solved for 9 months. But hey, who reads stickies when he can complain...

Message 13 of 44 (3,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Man -- here it is, MORE than half-year later.. August, 2013.

I just encountered the EXACT same issue.  I BOUGHT THE DISC... like I ALWAYS DO... and this F'ing Origin SALES/MARKETING MONSTER takes over the install... and first thing, it fails to "verify integrity" on updates to Origin.. so I had to download the Origin installer...  THEN, I go to INSTALL FROM DISC - and cannot do it.

SOMEONE SHOULD GET F'ING FIRED FOR THIS.

I am a s/w dev of many years -- worked at top RDBMS and Virtual Machines shops -- we would DEFINITELY have fired someone for letting this SLOP out the door.

Sorry (only for the unfortunate ones who have to receive this when it's not their fault) --- your QA DROPPED THE BALL...  Or to the point, your packaging/installation team just screwed-the-pooch....    This thing is like a VIRUS that we are forced to use.

EA...... ehhh.... meh...

Message 14 of 44 (2,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There should be a "REMOVE XP" button -- for posts like yours.

You're talking to CUSTOMERS -- who are told RIGHT HERE ON THIS THREAD ---  "known problem... being worked on... blah blah"

How DARE you bitch back at customers -- XP-----

Ya DB  (feminine hygiene product in a sack-like-device)

Message 15 of 44 (2,805 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

IT WAS NOT SOLVED>..

THAT SOLUTION STILL REQUIRES A DOWNLOAD OF THE FULL 10+ GB game for all who own the discs..

you should lose your job

Message 16 of 44 (2,804 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem. Downloading the whole game is not an option. Very poor that a they ship DVD's and you only can install it one time via DVD and the problem is known for almost a year and no fix has been made.

Message 17 of 44 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have now join this state & just spent over an hour with a live chat advisor who gave me another key to try always says the same, that the key is already used.

My download speed is around 300K witch is hours in download time effecting everyone else in the house due to a very poor install/origin junk.

Message 18 of 44 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I  have a similar problem and I previously installed battle field 3 on my computer played uninstalled and put windows 8 on, now when I go to activate it the code said its already in use,...

Message 19 of 44 (2,685 Views)

★ Novice

This **bleep** is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I am having the same problem with Origin not allowing me to install from disk, after wasting an hour trying to find a workaround, I found NO option in the Origin dash board to install from disk. I contacted online chat/tec with the issue and the first guy wanted me to e-mail my system specs. This even after I clearly stated that this is an Origin new install issue for this game, and my system specs have nothing to do with the issue. Second guy - after description of this issue he wanted to refer me to an "Origin tech". OK I'll bite, So I wait, this guy asks me for the validatin code, I give it to him and he looks it up. He gets back online to tell me it must be an issue with "the disk" and I will have to DOWNLOAD this **bleep**ing game, Do you people even know HOW LONG that takes?? Were do you get these guys? None of them know what they are doing, so here I am 12 hours later and this stupid crap is only 70% downloaded. I thought Steam was a pain in the ass, but even they have an option that will address this issue and allow an install from the BRAND NEW game disk I just bought! I am a long time gamer and have several of EA's older titles, but you can be assured I will never spend any money on ANY of your games in the future.

The Guzmonster 

Message 20 of 44 (2,644 Views)