Online Pass no longer available for ME3 PC

by ajhere

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Online Pass no longer available for ME3 PC

★★★★ Novice

This has been a recent problem for a number of people.

I have been playing MP games for a long time & this error occurred just before the end of the Halloween/Jackhammer challenges. I did not receive a "Banned from MP" email from the 5th round so I do not believe that is the issue.

I have checked my status on the BSN and all my ME3 registered game content is there including the "Online Pass (N7 Collector's Edition)". N7 HQ shows all my games stats and Galaxy At War percentages.

As suggested in other posts, I have contacted EA Help and logged a case via email that has been running for over 48 hours. There has only been one reply that suggested I repair the installation via Origin. This is rather useless help since my email stated I had already done so and that it did not fix the problem.

I would like to complete the N7 Day challenge and only have 12 hours to do so. Would someone please pay some attention to case 06344202.

Message 1 of 5 (485 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Online Pass no longer available for ME3 PC [SOLVED]

★★★★ Novice

I managed to play about 3 or 4 PM games and then after exiting and restarting ME3... there it was again, my Online Pass was no longer available.

So I started yet another online chat with another EA Game Advisor.

The very sad thing is in all these chats, I referred the advisor to this post in Answer HQ :

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/Online-Pass/m-p/153836#U153836

This is the same problem that quite a number of game owners have had, where the Online Pass is no longer available and the solution is to issue a new game code. The first two advisors left me performing ridiculously long repairs or reinstalls (just to get me off the chat) and even the third advisor stuffed around for two hours before finally issuing a new game code. Overall I had about 7 hours of my valuable time wasted by their incompetence.

EA really needs to address this issue !! Are these advisors actually trained in the technical aspects of the game? Do they look at Answers HQ and if so, do they use the solutions that are posted there.

My advise to anyone with this problem is:

Do NOT delete the .DLF files (licensing files)... it does not resolve the problem

Do NOT repair the game through Origin... it does not resolve the problem

Do NOT uninstall and reinstall the game... it does not resolve the problem

The ONLY working solution is to register a new game code. Make sure they issue a code that correctly matches your version of the game (Collector's Editon / Standard Edition etc.)

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (427 Views)

All Replies

Re: Online Pass no longer available for ME3 PC

★★★ Newbie
I've had this problem too. It went down around that time for me. I've been playing the game online since launch and then it suddenly stops recognizing my online pass. I've tried reinstalling the game and it didnt fix my problem.
Message 2 of 5 (466 Views)

Re: Online Pass no longer available for ME3 PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks Doc.

I've got to that point too and also no luck. I'm going to get back to an online chat & see if someone can actually resolve this.

I have offered them this Answers HQ similar post which has a solution, but they so far have not taken that step.

Message 3 of 5 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have completed a second chat session with another EA Help technician and he was able to solve the problem. Confusedmileyhappy:

This is from the chat transcript:

Animesh (name crossed out to protect their identity) Confusedmileywink: : Actually I linked the EA id in your account to the Online access of the game and that made it work.
You (name crossed out to protect my identity) Confusedmileywink:: Brilliant... so something had disrupted that link?
Animesh: Yes exactly.

The great thing here is that all game extras and saves are preserved. Don't let them convince you to repair or uninstall & reinstall the game. Have the technician check the link between your EA account ID and the game's online access.

Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I managed to play about 3 or 4 PM games and then after exiting and restarting ME3... there it was again, my Online Pass was no longer available.

So I started yet another online chat with another EA Game Advisor.

The very sad thing is in all these chats, I referred the advisor to this post in Answer HQ :

This is the same problem that quite a number of game owners have had, where the Online Pass is no longer available and the solution is to issue a new game code. The first two advisors left me performing ridiculously long repairs or reinstalls (just to get me off the chat) and even the third advisor stuffed around for two hours before finally issuing a new game code. Overall I had about 7 hours of my valuable time wasted by their incompetence.

EA really needs to address this issue !! Are these advisors actually trained in the technical aspects of the game? Do they look at Answers HQ and if so, do they use the solutions that are posted there.

My advise to anyone with this problem is:

Do NOT delete the .DLF files (licensing files)... it does not resolve the problem

Do NOT repair the game through Origin... it does not resolve the problem

Do NOT uninstall and reinstall the game... it does not resolve the problem

The ONLY working solution is to register a new game code. Make sure they issue a code that correctly matches your version of the game (Collector's Editon / Standard Edition etc.)

Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)