Re: Not enough disk space to install error!

by MisPartridge

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not enough disk space to install error!

★★ Novice

So I have Origin installed on a secondary internal harddrive and it is a 1TB drive with about 120GB free at the moment. I have set the settings in origin to install to that drive and not to my C drive seeing as it is a SSD and doesnt have oodles of room for everything. Needless to say, Origin says there is not enough space to install and I know that ME3 only takes lik 15GB of room. It worked just fine on my old computer but will refuse to work now, giving me the error of "There is not enough space on your disk to download this game" (even though I do have the disk too) Any suggestions? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled everything so I cant think of what it could be!

Message 1 of 18 (56,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Go into your Origin option, and then "Applications settings".

Where it's written "Downloaded games", do the directory displayed is also the one on your secondary harddrive ?

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (57,702 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Go into your Origin option, and then "Applications settings".

Where it's written "Downloaded games", do the directory displayed is also the one on your secondary harddrive ?

Message 2 of 18 (57,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks

Message 3 of 18 (53,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem on Apex Legend, both directory are good more than 300Gb free. But the installation block on not enough space blablabla. 

Message 4 of 18 (52,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too,

I'm trying to download APEX LEGENDS when i have like 700 GB free and it say's not enough hard drive space 

what do i do

Message 5 of 18 (52,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 6 of 18 (52,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same, 750gb free and Apex Legends says error right away, the folders are all configured how they are suposed to be

Message 7 of 18 (52,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed it, I reinstalled Origin and before installing Apex i chose the folder by pressing on Origin > Application Settings > Installs and Saves .

Only after configuring this i could download the game.

Hope it helps

Message 8 of 18 (52,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Fixed it, I reinstalled Origin and before installing Apex i chose the folder by pressing on Origin > Application Settings > Installs and Saves .

Only after configuring this i could download the game.

Hope it helps

Message 9 of 18 (52,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FIXED!!!!!!   I have more than one hard drive and I tried EVERYTHING multiple times.  Low and behold the entire problem was that my D: drive was FAT32 file system instead of NTFS.  After converting the disk (instructions can be found in a google search) and rebooting, the game finished downloading and everything works great!  Hope this helps!

Message 10 of 18 (43,971 Views)